Thread: New accessories for a beginner

New accessories for a beginner

I received two new toys in the mail. A Garrett Pro Pointer ana a Lesche digging tool.
    What a difference that made! Today was my fourth time out with my Fisher F4 (Christmas present) and I had already broken two digging trowels and was fed up with generic junk.
    The ProPointer was the best choice ever, it made a HUGE difference locating the targets and the Lesche tool was excellent (some of the ground resembled perma frost). I only worked over the smaller/older playground and it was all frozen mulch)
    I work at an elementary school and asked the principal if it was ok to come over and he gave me permission to hunt anytime I wanted.
    My learning curve improved alot, learning the difference between a genuine coin tone to something close but not really a coin. And the pro pointer was the best investment I could have made. The deepest coin was almost 10" deep and it was a quarter. I was quite proud of myself on that one.
    Thank you to all that have posted tips and advice as this has really helped me learn alot.
    My grand total was $1.42 in coins, one Chucky Cheese token and a handful of scrap metal, foil and zipper pulls.

Having the right tools makes the hobby so much more enjoyable. Congrats
    Whites VX3 with Sunray Probe, 10x12 SEF, 8x6 SEF, 10dd, 6x10Eclipse, 4x6 Eclipse, Lesche digger and Garrett Pro Pointer.

Congrats on all you presents ....presents are always nice!! Good tools are a must if you are in this hobby for the long haul. A nice start on your clad totals. Any predictions on what your yearly total of clad will be? One of these days some gold will show up in them mulch chips.
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

It would be nice to get $20 or so by the end of the year.
    What I really want to find are old dimes or silver dollars.
    There are several places around here that I plan to ask permission to hunt, one site has the potential for civil war era relics. I figure it can't hurt to ask.

Veteran Member
    Congrats and good luck. I know when I picked up the pin pointer it was like night and day locating the target. Safe & HH