It all started with a phone call from my hunting buddy the evening of 11/21/13. I picked up the phone and Ron was
on the other end asking if I wanted to try one more time Friday morning before frozen ground in Iowa??

Unfortunately I had work and couldn't go on the out of town hunting trip. ... but he got me thinking.

- I could spare a little bit of time... two hours at most. Ron went his way and I snuck up, in late afternoon to the park closest to me.

Long story short, I noticed a patch of woods just outside the park that looked flat. No old trees, just many 40/50 year olds. So in I
went to investigate.
A Wheat Cent showed up quickly, then another , then a Buffalo and a silver Rosie! I picked up another silver dime before I had to leave.

Definitely good 'pay dirt'.

Name:  picture-13.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  30.4 KB

Name:  picture-14.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  33.7 KB

That evening Ron called to let me know how he did. He picked up more silver to bring him to 97 for the year. Of course I couldn't
let him sit just three away from 100. So I suggested we try one more time in the woods.

• From Ron's earlier post -
Quote Originally Posted by Tony Two-Cent View Post
However one question remains, did the pink gloves bring him any luck?
The pink gloves did work for me!

Only two goals for the day were;
1 - Don't get hit by an arrow from a deer hunter. (These woods are open to bow hunting this time of year)
2 - Get Ron over three more silver coins.

• No arrows in me!!
• Ron found his 100th Silver Coin!!

The pink gloves worked.