Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It all adds up

I know, let's play "Button, Button, Who's Got the Button"
    You can't take it with you, so leave it for me to find!

Quote Originally Posted by NJJOSH View Post
    Ive never detected a cellar hole but i would think that the chance for a good target why skip anything?

people "cherry pick" at parks for just the good targets like silver and also do it at colonial cellar sites too . they're just listening for the higher repeating coin like targets.
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Hey George, can you put buckles in those riker boxes? ...and can you hang 'em or will the buttons fall?
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Most buckles will fit except the really arched ones. Buttons will fall unless you tie them down. If you can fit the glass tight enough against the glass some may stay, but they are really made for flat viewing. There are button cases that have little cups that hold each button in a round recessed hole. They are a bit more expensive I think. Next time we get together I can bring them down for you to see them. Just remind the old guy 15 minutes before I leave
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Had a chance to sort trough all my old buttons. I'm not sure if I got them all but probably most of them. I was a little surprised that I did not reach 2000 buttons. I thought for sure I had that many. DEL is going to have to skip over more buttons when we hunt Total buttons = 1,733. Breakdown: Military: 40, Pewter 109, Tombac (both plain and decorated) 210, Iron 30, Plain (undecorated) 1086, Decorated 258. Now the cleaning begins
    Last edited by coinnut; 02-05-2014 at 09:25 PM.

wow. Where's Rain Man when you need him? He could have just scanned that pile and told you right off "...um...ah...you have too many buttons..." Couldn't you use some sticky clay behind each button? That'd hold a button down on the display board I reckon. It's kinda like that nasty white paste that you used to eat when your second grade teacher wasn't looking, but not as messy. You can get it by the pound at a hobby or art store.

Quote Originally Posted by Ole # 7 View Post
    wow. Where's Rain Man when you need him? He could have just scanned that pile and told you right off "...um...ah...you have too many buttons..." Couldn't you use some sticky clay behind each button? That'd hold a button down on the display board I reckon. It's kinda like that nasty white paste that you used to eat when your second grade teacher wasn't looking, but not as messy. You can get it by the pound at a hobby or art store.

Yep too many is right. But at least the bulk of them will not need to be cleaned. How many undecorated flat buttons do you need to see clean before they bore you to death? I never thought of sticky clay