Thread: I had to get out

I had to get out

Very rarely do I detect the beaches, but being a Long Islander and surrounded by water and beaches and also considering that every other place around here has a foot of snow and ice..... Well, you get the idea.

I decided the only place to dig would possibly be the beach. I headed over to a very local beach, about 15 minutes away, and walked down to the water. The sand wasn't frozen so I stayed for about 45 minutes. I didn't find anything worth my while but had a great time being out digging again.

Next week it is supposed to be in the 40s so hopefully we can get a little bit of a thaw in.

Have a great week everyone!
    Attached Images Attached Images        
    Having fun is what it is all about!

looks like a nice day out there Steve , I don't blame you a bit . Cabin fever is the worst and starting to set in with over a foot of snow on the ground here.
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Veteran Member
    Good to see that you were able to get out. Haven't had to many chances myself. When things thaw a bit more will get in touch so we can put a dig together. Safe & HH

Steve, I didn't realize you ran a Whites. Pretty soon we'll be back in the dirt.
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Quote Originally Posted by OxShoeDrew View Post
    Steve, I didn't realize you ran a Whites. Pretty soon we'll be back in the dirt.
    I used the Whites M6 for 6 years before I bought the Etrac. Just recently sold the Etrac so Im back with the M6 for now.
    Having fun is what it is all about!

Steve I envy you finding some ground to detect, there's absolutely no bare ground with no less than a couple feet of snow on top anywhere around here. Glad you were able to help cure that cabin fever

Just the fact that you can dig feels good I'm forgetting what it feels like to detect.
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

It always feels good to get out. I'm a woods guy but I HAD to get out today so I did the same as you. It's snowin yet again as I write this...
    Minelab Manticore / SPECTRA V3i, Pro-Pointer II. Lesche Digger.
    Oldest Copper: 1694 William & Mary Halfpenny. Oldest Silver: 1663 1-Reale
    Cob.

My Album

Hey Steve, that white stuff up on that beach doesn't look like the stuff we got here in FL. Just kidding. Good on ya for getting out. Nice getting out, rain or shine, freezing or hot, with scenery like that, every hunt you come out a winner.
    Just one more Beep!