Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Any lady detectorists out there?

Yeah and it's about to end soon for lack of any value to detecting
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

I know! But a little drama is fun every once in a while... esp during the winter when everyone has cabin fever

It is 99% of the time anti-drama and very professional around here, most of the time.
    Oldest silver-- 1838o seated dime (no stars)
    Oldest copper-- 1820 LC

White's V3i, Coinmaster, XLT, Prism IV, Whites new TRX PP- Love it!!! Garretts PP

Elite Member
    Well...we do need a new detecting calendar since AD isn't doing one anymore...

How about one of George for Dec, Dan for Jan, Dave for Feb, Todd for Feb (Since these guys are hardcore and detect year round in the snow they can have the winter months)....they can be all "sexy" with their machines...LOL...the rest of us can fill in the other months
    2014 Goals: 20 Silver, 5 Large Coppers, 1 Gold Coin (not anticipating being able to detect much this year; NEW BABY HERE!!)
    So Far: (0) Silver; (2) KG, LC 1807; (2) IH; (3) Buff

2013 Total: 36 Silver; 5LC (including 1 FUGIO)
    2012 Total:101 Silver; 11 LC

Quote Originally Posted by RobW View Post
    Well...we do need a new detecting calendar since AD isn't doing one anymore...

How about one of George for Dec, Dan for Jan, Dave for Feb, Todd for Feb (Since these guys are hardcore and detect year round in the snow they can have the winter months)....they can be all "sexy" with their machines...LOL...the rest of us can fill in the other months
    Sounds like a good idea!
    Oh, you may as well just give me your machine. With a new baby coming, you won't see much dirt, except the dust it will collect, and maybe a diaper or two!

Maybe Rob can give us that "my detecting life is over" smile he will be wearing soon You can be featured on the 13th month Rob
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Elite Member
    I will say this...I've been noticing a lot more "lady detectorists" here on the forum...and I think it's a good thing

I just wish I could get my wife...or daughter..into the hobby/lifestyle
    2014 Goals: 20 Silver, 5 Large Coppers, 1 Gold Coin (not anticipating being able to detect much this year; NEW BABY HERE!!)
    So Far: (0) Silver; (2) KG, LC 1807; (2) IH; (3) Buff

2013 Total: 36 Silver; 5LC (including 1 FUGIO)
    2012 Total:101 Silver; 11 LC

I've metal detected on and off over the years, my husband was more into it, but I've a renewed interest in it - it is much easier for me to go now than it was when the kids were small - we did take them with us, but they really didn't have the patience to put in the time. Now DH and I are looking forward to having some amazing days out there.
    Garrett AT Pro
    Garrett GTA Ultra 1000
    Garrett Pinpointer