Thread: Other hobbies

Threaded View

For roughly the past 12 years I've been into fishing. Connecticut offers a lot of options for fishing too. Been a member on ctfisherman.com for those 12 years, and 5 of them as a moderator (you guys have it easy here ).
    My best friend who got me into fishing years ago has mostly lost interest in it. And he was a guy that liked his fishing. So, I've kinda fallen out as well.

Ice fishing was my 1'st real love. Get a few shacks together, cook some chow, and spend the day with a few (or more) friends. I organize an annual fishing optional event, a cookout on ice. We have a lot of fun, and may have a propane bowling or curling competition this year. We use 1lb greenies.
    We have CT river fishing, which is home to a large variety of species including Northern Pike. Did a few all-nighters on an island for catfishing parties. The Farmington river is a great TMA area. Done a few wet wading trips there in the heat of summer. Lots of lakes and ponds, and of course the Sound.

After ice fishing, panfishing from a boat was 2'nd fav, and saltwater 3'rd.

EDIT: Lee, I may know a couple guys you run into while carping.
    Last edited by Trooper Bri; 08-14-2014 at 08:44 PM.
    Slow digging is better than no digging.
    Whites V3i, MXT, Garrett Pro Pointer, Sampson 31" T-handle shovel.
    AD members detected with: del, OxShoeDrew, RobW, Massdirtfisher, Mango Ave, Lee, chrisinct, aloldstuff, HEAVYMETALNUT, Thiltzy