Thread: The old excitement!

The old excitement!

Do you remember when you got your first machine and couldn't wait to go digging? Every time you got a new lead you were so excited and couldn't sleep that night? And what usually happened? It didn't turn out as planned.
    Well, fast forward 15 years or so and I've got a new lead and I'm a bit excited. It's a farm that I dug at two weeks ago and found nothing but I'm going back tomorrow. It's huge and we barely touched it. It's right outside of Warrenton, Virginia, a very very busy Civil War town. Probably won't find anything ( don't want to jinx myself) but it's still great to be so excited. Wish me luck!!
    (Sorry for those of you still under snow. Ours just melted and we will be in the 60s!)

Ray in Va.

yeah , I would be excited too Ray I wish you the best
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Hope you find something cool!
    Land of Two Seasons - Snow and Fire Danger.

Best of luck to you
    Oldest Coin: 1699 William III Halfpenny

Silver 5
    Indian 3, Buff 1, V Nik 1, Rosie 2, Barber Dime, SLQ 1, barber qtr 1,

YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoU...FVGumMQ/videos

Anticipation

I hope that you were able to get some sleep last night. Sometimes the excitement can keep me tossing and turning looking forward to seeing some of your finds cause it sounds like you have a super place to hunt.

Ron
    Whites VX3 with Sunray Probe, 10x12 SEF, 8x6 SEF, 10dd, 6x10Eclipse, 4x6 Eclipse, Lesche digger and Garrett Pro Pointer.

I understand your sheer excitement. I guess, being "young" at this hobby has afforded me that same sense of excitement, each and every time I head out! Hope your hunt doesn't disappoint!

I wouldn't sleep either Sounds like a great place to save some history. Finds may be sparse at first, but you will find the hot spots in the fields that will produce. Hope the fields are in a route into the town. Any fields are good fields to have some fun detecting.
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

my wife refers to my anticipation of going digging to "his inner child" showing through! I know exactly what you're talking about.........my first signal on my first machine (just over a year a go) was a clad dime, wow-that was neat. I can only imagine what its like to be able to hunt an area where the Civil War was, while I do live in a great state with lots of history, nothing compared to the history in your areas-Good Luck to you......!
    Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F4

Veteran Member
    Good luck on your hunt. Safe & HH

Good luck out there. Hope you find lots of keepers.

Hope it pans out well for you. Looking forward to your future posts as most of us are still snow bound.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Elite Member
    First machine..second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth....and I still get that way......

Good luck!
    2014 Goals: 20 Silver, 5 Large Coppers, 1 Gold Coin (not anticipating being able to detect much this year; NEW BABY HERE!!)
    So Far: (0) Silver; (2) KG, LC 1807; (2) IH; (3) Buff

2013 Total: 36 Silver; 5LC (including 1 FUGIO)
    2012 Total:101 Silver; 11 LC

Sounds very exciting and I'm looking forward to seeing how it turned out.
    Garrett AT Pro
    Garrett GTA Ultra 1000
    Garrett Pinpointer

Thanks everyone for all of the good luck wishes. It truly is family-like here.
    Well, it was pretty much a repeat of the hunt two or three weeks ago. Nothing! Very disappointing. I kept telling myself that it could be worse. The weather was great, the best since last fall, and the scenery was beautiful. The site just looked like it should have been oozing relics! But nothing, nada. We spent 25 man-hours there over two hunts. That's 1500 minutes! The only relic that came out of there was literally on the second minute of the first day, and it was found by a newbie! Oh well, I can't wait to hit it again! There's got to be a hot spot somewhere.

You just never know Ray. Any spot could be productive but at least you were able to do some swinging. I am envious for that. I have cabin fever now, its been almost a full month since my last hunt. I'm itching.
    Visit my metal detecting you tube channel to watch some of my digs.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/thiltzy1?feature=mhee

Candidate Member
    Name:  GL.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  44.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by kray View Post
    Thanks everyone for all of the good luck wishes. It truly is family-like here.
    Well, it was pretty much a repeat of the hunt two or three weeks ago. Nothing! Very disappointing. I kept telling myself that it could be worse. The weather was great, the best since last fall, and the scenery was beautiful. The site just looked like it should have been oozing relics! But nothing, nada. We spent 25 man-hours there over two hunts. That's 1500 minutes! The only relic that came out of there was literally on the second minute of the first day, and it was found by a newbie! Oh well, I can't wait to hit it again! There's got to be a hot spot somewhere.
    Ray , we have those hunts out here as well , you know you've unfortunately been on a couple with us. The site looks great and just screams old relics and after a long hunt very little is found. Hope you do well next time out Ray.
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Well until you get out you can't find anything that is what is always the real thing for me, the anticipation of what may be found. Well tell all of us weather bound diggers if you find something good and "tell it real sloooww"
    Psalms 24:1 ¶ The earth is the LORD'S, and all it contains...But God shares with us who search!
    Member Dayton Diggers CTX 3030- Minelab E-Trac

click here to view my finds album