Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello From New Jersey

Hello From New Jersey

Hello from NW New Jersey. DH and I are waiting on the snow to go away to try out our new Garrett AT Pro's - he ordered his about two weeks ago and he surprised me and ordered mine the other day. He's been detecting for years - and I've followed along somewhat - we both still have our Garrett GTA Ultra 1000's as back ups. This snow is really getting in our way - more on the way this week - we are thinking of setting up a test garden in the basement for now to get to know the new detectors. If you can see a bare patch of ground, it's just too frozen to dig around here but that didn't stop DH from finding a dime and penny and chiseling it out of the frozen ground. It's like getting a new bike for Christmas and not being able to try it out We will be busy looking for places to search as soon as it thaws! Seeing all the restrictions on metal detecting really has you doing a lot of research on where it's allowed, that's for sure. Something to do while we're waiting for the melt.
    Garrett AT Pro
    Garrett GTA Ultra 1000
    Garrett Pinpointer

Welcome to the forum. Im from New Jersey also. Your going to love this forum lots of great people with a wealth of knowledge.

Welcome aboard Scootergirl. New Jersey is a pretty place with a lot of great history but I never get used to driving there. Looking forward to seeing your finds with the new machine.

Ron
    Whites VX3 with Sunray Probe, 10x12 SEF, 8x6 SEF, 10dd, 6x10Eclipse, 4x6 Eclipse, Lesche digger and Garrett Pro Pointer.

Welcome from another gal-detectorist, in Georgia. We've been fortunate to have had only a few days of inopportunity, and the cold hasn't stayed long enough to keep the ground frozen. Your excitement to get out there is truely understandable. I wake up every day with it!

Hey welcome aboard from western MA. Yep, detecting for us up here is not really an option now Smart move doing as much research as you can, as it is one of the keys to success. Good luck with the new machine.
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Welcome from Northern Illinois. I feel your pain, but it won't stay frozen forever
    Oldest Coin: 1699 William III Halfpenny

Silver 5
    Indian 3, Buff 1, V Nik 1, Rosie 2, Barber Dime, SLQ 1, barber qtr 1,

YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoU...FVGumMQ/videos

Another welcome from western MA. Do the research and reap the rewards after the ground thaws. Glad your here and looking forward to your future posts.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Thank you all for the welcome - more snow on the way starting tonight, I heard. More time for research - but I just told my DH I'm coming across some really scary stories about restrictions - I know you have to get permission, know where you're allowed, know the rules/regs etc, but some of the stuff I'm reading sounds a bit scary. Doing the research will help with knowing at the very least.
    Garrett AT Pro
    Garrett GTA Ultra 1000
    Garrett Pinpointer

Veteran Member
    Welcome and good luck with the new machines. Safe & HH

Welcome from another female detectorist I think it's great that you and your husband can share the hobby!
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

Thank you - I like that we can share this, although he's always found more than me , but he does have a lot more experience.
    Garrett AT Pro
    Garrett GTA Ultra 1000
    Garrett Pinpointer

Hello Scootergirl , welcome to the hobby and to the forum . I hope you get out soon with those new machines , some of us have the itch to get out
    real bad , I've seen some really great coins and relics come out of the N.J. soil .best of luck.

Dan
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Thanks, NJJOSH. Really looking forward to that thaw! I'm liking being here already!
    Garrett AT Pro
    Garrett GTA Ultra 1000
    Garrett Pinpointer

Thank you - are there not that many Gals out there detecting? I know in my family - I'm the only one out of the 4 that started many years ago. Glad you are able to get out there - I do like the seasons, but there's nothing worse than getting a new toy and not being able to use it! We made a practice garden yesterday in the basement - big plastic container filled with sand. My AT Pro should be here Wednesday and then it's practice time!
    Garrett AT Pro
    Garrett GTA Ultra 1000
    Garrett Pinpointer

Thank you - and from our old stomping grounds - we moved here from Lk. Ronkonkoma over 20 years ago. How is the MD on the Island now? My husband, his dad and brother used to do really well. We still have some family out there, too.
    Garrett AT Pro
    Garrett GTA Ultra 1000
    Garrett Pinpointer

Thanks, Dan. Really looking forward to seeing what we can find!
    Garrett AT Pro
    Garrett GTA Ultra 1000
    Garrett Pinpointer

Thank you - I'll be getting out there as soon as I can see some ground and not have to use a chisel to break it up
    Garrett AT Pro
    Garrett GTA Ultra 1000
    Garrett Pinpointer

Thanks - it sure does feel like it's going to be frozen forever - after near 60 yesterday, we're dropping right back down, that silly Polar Vortex is at it again.
    Garrett AT Pro
    Garrett GTA Ultra 1000
    Garrett Pinpointer

Thank you, Ron. It is a very pretty state up by us. We are pretty close to the PA border as well as a short drive to NY state. We don't mind traveling - we are planning on packing the MD's on our trip out west this year, lot's of research to do before then.
    Garrett AT Pro
    Garrett GTA Ultra 1000
    Garrett Pinpointer

If you get the chance we would love to see some of your finds
    Minelab Etrac sunray probe, 13" ultimate coil, Whites V3I,sunray probe,10dd,10x12 sef