Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Great Day with the AT Pro's

Great Day with the AT Pro's

DH and I headed out today in search of some tot lots....found three decent spots. We plan to go back to the last one tomorrow - we didn't prepare well and had to stop around 3:30 to go get something to eat!! The first time I ever dug this much, which pleased me no end (my stuff is on the right) Maybe tomorrow I'll find some silver - DH found two silver quarters today, a ring and a charm. All in all we are really happy with the day!
    .Name:  our finds first big hunt at pro (800x442).jpg
Views: 147
Size:  52.3 KB
    Garrett AT Pro
    Garrett GTA Ultra 1000
    Garrett Pinpointer

Wow, you two did a lot of digging! It's been awhile since I've seen that much digging but it sure is nice that people are able to get out there finally. That AT Pro is an impressive machine! Congratulations on the digs!
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

Thanks, Epi Hunter - I literally couldn't get away from the small area I was in, I had hits every foot or so and I lost count of the spills I kept hitting - I dug so much that my hands started to hurt - lots of muddy digging. It is a really impressive machine and I'm glad to have it. Looking forward to the next outing - hoping tomorrow isn't as cold as they say it's going to be!
    Garrett AT Pro
    Garrett GTA Ultra 1000
    Garrett Pinpointer

thats a lot of knee bends right there congrats to you two on a great haul of coins
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Thanks! We are feeling it a bit now....wish the hot tub was up and running, LOL!
    Garrett AT Pro
    Garrett GTA Ultra 1000
    Garrett Pinpointer

Awful lot of digging but great finds. Very glad to see that the two of you are having so much fun. Thanks for posting, it gives us still frozen in people hope. on the silvers, you'll get yours tomorrow.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Quote Originally Posted by aloldstuff View Post
    Awful lot of digging but great finds. Very glad to see that the two of you are having so much fun. Thanks for posting, it gives us still frozen in people hope. on the silvers, you'll get yours tomorrow.
    Thanks - we are still a bit frozen here too, some places we dug were only thawed about an inch, but woodchips were easy to move around, even in chunks. The last place was pretty soft and muddy, though. I'm so happy DH found silver - I would love to find some, but I had so much fun, I can't complain!
    Garrett AT Pro
    Garrett GTA Ultra 1000
    Garrett Pinpointer

You two did great. You will find silver and it is a great feeling The hot tub is a must when the bones ache I use it for killing the ticks too.
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Veteran Member
    Nice clad count and congrats. Good luck tomorrow. Safe & HH

Quote Originally Posted by Timewarpdigger View Post
    Nice clad count and congrats. Good luck tomorrow. Safe & HH
    Thank you - had another great few hours of digging - pulled a plated ring, what looks like a silver chain with some charms and A Chuckie Cheese Token, lol, and over $6 in clad. DH found a Sterling Silver ring, one wheatie and almost $8 in clad. BTW - DH found a Chuckie Cheese token yesterday - must be popular with this crowd. All in all a great weekend digging even though today was cold, for the first "official" weekend - pulled up over $20 in clad and we're both really happy with our New AT Pro's.
    Garrett AT Pro
    Garrett GTA Ultra 1000
    Garrett Pinpointer

nice work! Any day with the AT pro is a great day!

Fantastic haul you got there

Thanks everyone - the knees are yelling at me today, though, lol!
    Garrett AT Pro
    Garrett GTA Ultra 1000
    Garrett Pinpointer

Excellent finds!
    Minelab CTX 3030
    Minelab Excalibur II
    Minelab GoFind 60
    Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II
    Garrett AT ProPointer
    Garrett Recovery Tool
    Stealth 720i Sand Scoop
    Vibra-Quatic 2 Pinpointer
    Land and Sea Pinpointer
    Lesche Digging Tool
    Lesche 40" Shovel
    Lesche Piranha Shovel
    2007 Jeep JK to get me to where the treasure is!

My Youtube Channel! American Digger in Europe:
    https://www.youtube.com/c/AmericanDiggerInEurope

Nice work! Glad you're liking the AT Pros. What a great way to get experience with the machines and keep you excited it.
    Land of Two Seasons - Snow and Fire Danger.

Our ground here in Staten Island NY finally softened up last week......looks like you had a good day out there

We need to have a permit issued by the Park and Recreation Dept. to MD the 31 parks and 8 beaches here in NYC.....my daughter lives in Manahawkin,NJ......what is the permit requirements in NJ.....I've been using the ATPRO for 2 years now and have the ACE250 as a backup....the ATP is a great MD

Quote Originally Posted by magicwand View Post
    We need to have a permit issued by the Park and Recreation Dept. to MD the 31 parks and 8 beaches here in NYC.....my daughter lives in Manahawkin,NJ......what is the permit requirements in NJ.
    The requirements vary from place to place in NJ, but we have been told Fish and Game are not issuing permits at this time (we applied) they are re-evaluating the MD Policy State-wide.
    Garrett AT Pro
    Garrett GTA Ultra 1000
    Garrett Pinpointer

Nice finds.Maybe your fish and game will do away with the permit thing but if they are making money on it probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by Trapster View Post
    Nice finds.Maybe your fish and game will do away with the permit thing but if they are making money on it probably not.
    I don't think there was a fee....maybe that's what they're re-evaluating? Don't have much info right now.
    Garrett AT Pro
    Garrett GTA Ultra 1000
    Garrett Pinpointer