Thread: Who needs spring training? "Hit it out of the park Saturday"

Threaded View

Who needs spring training? "Hit it out of the park Saturday"

After 6 long weeks of not being able to swing the coil, we finally made it out yesterday

It felt great to get out again. Last summer I found a spot that I had pulled a few coins and a sword hilt but the extreme over growth prevented me from searching most of the area. Decided to finally give it another go in hopes that the winter would kill off most of that over growth. With a lot more swinging room Dave started making some good finds. It seems that he had the hot coil as he found a handful of coins while my coil remained quiet for a majority of the time at this site. I let Dave have his fun here until I finally asked him if he wanted to move on to another site I had mapped out.

Upon arriving at the second site, there was a large oval shaped penned in area that I had high hopes for. It was nice to finally here some nice repeatable targets. This area was good to me and I ended the day strong with some very nice finds. My finds were a counterfeit copper, an 1827 Matron, an eagle with anchor naval button that we think is 1820's circa, and last but not least...my 5th George Washington Inaugurational button. It is another Eagle with Star with complete shank. Unfortunately, it is heavily pitted and probably the worst condition wise of the 5 that I have.

The bottle top I found I kept because you can see it is an oldie as it seems to be black glass with a stretched neck as Dave explained to me. Too bad it wasn't complete. I also found the back mark of the spoon handle to be interesting. Any thoughts on that would be appreciated. It was a good day and nice to get out again.
    Attached Images Attached Images               
    Visit my metal detecting you tube channel to watch some of my digs.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/thiltzy1?feature=mhee