Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rare dig with full vids... Worth watching!

Re: Rare dig with full vids... Worth watching!

The info you guys are providing in this thread about deep targets would make a great sticky in the Minelab forum. It'd be good to hear Angel's take on it too.
    Garrett Ace 250 - Whites Eagle Spectrum - Whites MXT - [Modified] Whites Surf PI Pro - Minelab E-TRAC
    I have ADD!!! (Addiction to Detecting Disorder)

Quote Originally Posted by Beefcake View Post
    I have been just hunting the coin program, +3, auto sens, and deep off, deep fast off...
    Work with manual sensitivity, and turn 'Recovery Deep' to on. I have performed plenty of tests on deep targets before digging them, and using Auto Sensitivity +3 did not provide the signal and tone strength I wanted, whereas on manual sensitivity - set at 28 or 29 - the deep targets, 8+ inches, where much easier to discern. I do use Auto Sensitivity when working highly trashy areas, since for me depth is not the main concern there.

Candidate Member

Great finds and very nice video. thumbsup01 Love to see finds like that in Ohio, gives me hope.

Sick find Beefcake. Just amazing! I can not even imagine maknig finds like that!

I very much want to upgrade to the Etrac but I really find conversations like the one above intimidating. What I like so much about the Sov is that the only adjustment I ever make is to sensitivity.
    Minelab E-Trac - Minelab Sovereign GT - Bounty Hunter Tracker IV - Tesoro Compadre
    Oldest find - 1804 Draped Bust Half Cent

Quote Originally Posted by z118 View Post
    I very much want to upgrade to the Etrac but I really find conversations like the one above intimidating.
    So I'm not the only one lol Good incentive to learn - to speak a new language

I have a good book on the workings and custom programs for my XLT but haven't read a whole lot yet. It's amazing, the technology of metal detectors!
    Oldest silver-- 1838o seated dime (no stars)
    Oldest copper-- 1820 LC

White's V3i, Coinmaster, XLT, Prism IV, Whites new TRX PP- Love it!!! Garretts PP

It's really not that intimidating. These are questions that start to pop up when you start to get a little more comfortable with the machine. Honestly, you can find really great coins without making any adjustments at all... I haven't tweeked mine other than using the coins program and I've found 21 silver coins with it in 2 months. I came from whites, so the language is different, but now the white's language is almost foreign to me... I don't regret taking the chance at all. I had the same questions once I got comfortable with the DFX too... you just want to get the maximum capability out of the machine...but first you have to get good with the signals.
    CTX 3030, Garrett Propointer
    2013 Silver count: 27
    2012 Silver count: 30
    2011 Silver count: 58
    2010 Silver count: 77

sweet! what a great hunt and i got a chuckle watching you guys! thumbsup01
    2008-14 coppers
    2009-32 coppers
    2010-34 coppers 2-GW buttons
    2011- 80 & 3/4 coppers 1-GW button
    2012- 92 coppers/large cents 1-GW button
    2013- 57 1/4 coppers 6- GW Buttons
    2014- 69 coppers 1-GW button
    2015- 20 1/4 coppers
    2016-44 coppers 1-GW button
    2017-19 & 1/2 coppers
    2018-19 coppers 1-GW
    2019-5 coppers
    click to see my photo album

Yeah... it was pretty funny... A morgan dollar sure can pull the rug out from under an indian find that's for sure! He's fun to hunt with. We work well together as a researching team. A couple months ago, I kept seeing this guy on the videos and he was at most of the spots I hunt... figured we might as well join forces because we were mirroring one another anyway.
    CTX 3030, Garrett Propointer
    2013 Silver count: 27
    2012 Silver count: 30
    2011 Silver count: 58
    2010 Silver count: 77

agreat video with some awesome coins found...congrats Beef! i dont know where you're located in Ohio, but when i was there last year for a while,..just west of Toledo, i located a few old sites that you could probably scoop up some good silver with your e-trac.