Thread: Weekend Silver - Met With Z118

Weekend Silver - Met With Z118

Yesterday I had been working another section of a park I have been hitting these past few weeks and picked up two mercury dimes, dated 1917 and 1924. There were many clad coins and a few wheat cents among the finds as well. Since I was supposed to meet up with Matt (Z118) this morning, I figured this new section would be good ground for us to work together.

These are my finds from Saturday's hunt.

This morning Matt arrived as planned and we headed to the selected location. We spent the better part of the day detecting the area. We both dug up some neat finds. I'll let Matt show what he found when he gets a chance to post. He was very happy with his finds, that's for sure. Nice going Matt!

For my part, I dug up four silver coins, mercs dated 1917-S and 1942, a 1947 Roosevelt dime and a 1916 barber dime. The 1917-S mercury dime, my first silver of the day, made my 350th silver of the year.

I also picked up several wheat cents and a silver pendant, which is smaller than a dime. The word 'silver' is engraved on the back.

It was a fun hunt Matt! Thank you for stopping to meet up with me while on your trip to NH. I hope you enjoyed your day detecting at the park. It truly was a pleasure to meet you!

Re: Weekend Silver - Met With Z118

WTG on hitting 350 Angel! Love all the dimes and especially the silver High School thingy!

Awesome silver! It's alway's fun to look at your find's. Thank's

Those are some nice finds Angel.. It was a beautiful day out there today. Didn't have to wear a coat.. Those days are comming to a end..

Bruce
    Minelab E-Trac
    Whites DFX
    Garrett Pro Pointer

great silver finds as usual Angel , Mr. reliable when it comes to finding the silver.

Dan
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Sweet Finds!!! You had a pretty good silver day. Oldies too!! I hope you left some silver for your buddy Didn't give him all Memorials, did you??
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Looks like you ahd a nice day and 350 for the year is AWESOME!!! Congrats!!!

Great digs and congrats on hitting 350 silvers for the year!
    [move]White’s MXT Minelab E-Trac Oldest coin: 1875 Indian Head Cent Oldest Silver Coin: 1886 Seated Liberty Dime[/move]

Congrats! That's quite an accomplishment.

G.
    MXT, Explorer SE Pro

Pretty stuff... so are you upping your goal again?
    Can't wait to see what Z found!

Very nice digs, Angel. Love that HS pin! Wonder what the L stands for?

I love that pendant Angel! Great silver finds as usual. That park just keeps giving and giving....

I can't wait to see photos of Z's finds (I know what they are, he had a great day!!)
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

Thanks everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Snowy View Post
    Pretty stuff... so are you upping your goal again?
    Can't wait to see what Z found!
    I'm going to try for 375 before the ground freezes, but I doubt it's doable at this point. It will be fun trying though.

It was great seeing Z's reaction at finding the first coin. I know that feeling very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom View Post
    Very nice digs, Angel. Love that HS pin! Wonder what the L stands for?
    I think it stands for Lionel Hunts Silver

Congrats on breaking your goal of 350. I wish I could tag along with you a day of hunting to learn some of your secrets.
    Minelab E-Trac, Sunray X-1 probe
    White's SM2
    White's SM PI pro

Check out my treasure hunting videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSilverFiend

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Si...03270629825473

http://www.thesilverfiend.com

Angel... thanks for an amazing hunt! I'm going to try to post it now. It was GREAT to meet you and I hope we can do it again at some point!

That silver pin is my favorite find though. Merc and Barbers are great for sure but that pin is one of a kind.

Minelab E-Trac - Minelab Sovereign GT - Bounty Hunter Tracker IV - Tesoro Compadre
    Oldest find - 1804 Draped Bust Half Cent

Quote Originally Posted by Jason in Enid View Post
    I think it stands for Lionel Hunts Silver

Congrats on breaking your goal of 350. I wish I could tag along with you a day of hunting to learn some of your secrets.

Thanks Jason!

Quote Originally Posted by z118 View Post
    Angel... thanks for an amazing hunt! I'm going to try to post it now. It was GREAT to meet you and I hope we can do it again at some point!

That silver pin is my favorite find though. Merc and Barbers are great for sure but that pin is one of a kind.
    I love the silver pin too.

It definitely was a fun hunt, and we both walked out of there with a few nice pieces. We have to do it again sometime.

Nice finds Angel, Congrats on reaching your record and if the weather stays away for a couple of weeks I have no doubts you'll reach your new record.

You are a great mentor Angel!
    SeabeeRon on the beach in Santa Cruz,CA.