a few months back i had a little time to kill, so i hit a fairly new park near my home. i started near the swings, all grass , with no wood chips or bark anywhere. bout the 5th swing or so i get a screaming surface sinal of a nickel, i look in the grass below the coil and see a gold band . i pick it up...14 K with the name Karen inscribed inside.

i hunted a few more minutes with just a little clad found. by then i was about 50 yards from the swings. a small car drives up, the lady literally runs to the swings area and leans over searching the grass back and forth i keep checking the lady out of the corner of my eye and see her glance my way, then do a double take. here she comes almost running lol. i'm thinking..i bet i know what she wants!

"mr does that thing find jewelry"? yes maa it sure does on occasion. ":mr does it find gold rings"?? yes maam it can . "would you please come look near the swings, as ive lost my wedding band my husband gave me a week before he passed away."

maam can you describe the ring you lost? "its a plain gold band with my name inscribed on the inside of the band"

maam ? would you mind tellign me your name? "my name is Karen of course"

maam ? you might recognize this here...as i take the ring from my shirt pocket. her face lights up with a huge smile, as she takes the ring from me. happy tears start as she slips the ring on her finger. she thanked me over and over again as she kept looking at the ring back on her finger.

dang it ya'll...i KNEW i should have left for home sooner! lol (kidding) . it was a great feeling to see the joy that woman felt when she got her ring back.