Thread: Before/After 1800 Large Cent - Peroxide/Bees Wax 1829/Peroxide/Coin Care

Threaded View

Before/After 1800 Large Cent - Peroxide/Bees Wax 1829/Peroxide/Coin Care

Probably been using Peroxide longer than the vast majority but always trying different things for finalizing the coin, which most coppers and relics cleaned with Peroxide usually need. I have used Blue Ribbon (melts the patina if not solid) Coin Care (same as Blue Ribbon for dissolving a bit of the more non solid patina) Mineral Oil coating, Olive Oil coating , Vaseline coating, and buffing all out but Bees Wax seems to usually work pretty good, despite being what I have read a tad acidic. But for ground founds doubt in the long run hurts.
    I have never tried Renn Wax but probably will sometime, but here is a 1800 Draped Bust I did earlier in the month cleaning with peroxide and finishing up with a Hot bees wax treatment then buff. I also included an 1829 Coronet that I finished up using Coin Care, did not think it was too bad, but it does seem to soften some of the patina, so at first I was happy with it, but I think using in on the more average conditioned ground found copper, it just may not be the right finish. Right now, still prefer Bees Wax.

DON
    Attached Images Attached Images