Thread: A different detecting adventure

A different detecting adventure

This sounds stupid but... does anyone else have trouble with disc golf when detecting? :bangahead01: It seems like every park I go to, I am constantly in the middle of disc golf players. I run into it time and time again!

So today I'm detecting, trying to stay out of the way of people, when all of a sudden WHACK! I get hit in the back with something! HARD! stretcher: I turn around and on the ground behind me I see:

I look around to find the Thrower of the Disc and lo and behold, two women are scowling at me from on the other side of the field. Thrower yells at me Hey.... STAY OUT of the disc golf course!!

I am looking around in bewilderment. I am in the WOODS! The disc golf goals (or baskets or poles or whatever they're called) are hundreds of feet from me in the open field. Granted, those stupid baskets are everywhere, and I am constantly trying to stay out of the line of fire, but come on.... I am in the TREES!

So I yell back at Thrower If you were trying to hit THAT (pointing to basket) you have horrible aim! And I took the frisbee disc and walked off, with her yelling behind me all the way. It made a good surface to put the dirt on as I dug holes the rest of the afternoon. rofl
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

Re: A different detecting adventure

I think you need eyes in the back of your head lol Things are always sneaking up on you. Isn't it funny how people think they own everything these days. I can't believe the city officials would allow huge chunks of a park to be off limits to everyone else, but one sport. How far does an outfield for a baseball game extend?? Forever Sooner or later the field ends and the park is for the rest of the people. Same goes for this Frisbee golf game. They can't have the whole park for it. Did you really keep the disc? lol....Here's to you bad disc thrower .... rofl
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Yes I kept the disc lol
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

Quote Originally Posted by Epi-hunter View Post
    Yes I kept the disc lol
    Good for you Epi , the way they treated you was pretty disc-gusting !! thumbsup01 thumbsup01

Baba

good one lol
    2011 Silver count 30 first year detecting

Yes I kept the disc lol
    good for you Angie. i can just hear that player muttering...i lose more dang discs that way ..lol

So I yell back at Thrower If you were trying to hit THAT (pointing to basket) you have horrible aim! And I took the frisbee disc and walked off, with her yelling behind me all the way. It made a good surface to put the dirt on as I dug holes the rest of the afternoon. rofl
    rofl rofl rofl I love it!

Oh, hope you didn't get hurt too bad (btw, walnuts and osage orange balls falling from trees can be kinda dangerous too) I think I know where you were... yeah, I don't like the stares from them like I'm on their turf... Instead of 'share the road' for us it's 'share the ground' lol
    Oldest silver-- 1838o seated dime (no stars)
    Oldest copper-- 1820 LC

White's V3i, Coinmaster, XLT, Prism IV, Whites new TRX PP- Love it!!! Garretts PP

Glad you weren't hurt. Keeping the disc - now that is funny. lol I wish I had seen their reaction. lol

I've never had this problem. There only one around here that I know of. I was a trailer park that was flooded out a few years ago.
    lol rofl Good for you !! thumbsup01
    That sounds like what I would've done lol
    I hope your alright.
    If your gonna get hit it's a good thing it hit you in the back. Or else you might look like
    Full contact MDing lol
    Some days you get the corn, some days you get the cob
    ​Oldest coin: ​70 B.C. "Harlow Flyer" gold qtr. Stater
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1814 Capped Bust Dime

Quote Originally Posted by Ill Digger View Post
    Full contact MDing lol
    rofl rofl rofl

Btw, I thought a couple 10 yr old boys were throwing walnuts at me the other day. They were walking toward me in a park and then quickly turned the other direction around this house. Then a couple walnuts thumped on the ground close by while I was digging. I was getting #$%^ thought about running around the corner swinging my big 'ol digger/knife (pretty intimidating lol) yelling like a bancheee rofl teach them boys a lesson to mess with a treasure hunter..... when I realized I was UNDER a walnut tree
    Oldest copper-- 1820 LC

White's V3i, Coinmaster, XLT, Prism IV, Whites new TRX PP- Love it!!! Garretts PP

Quote Originally Posted by tanacat View Post
    rofl rofl rofl

Btw, I thought a couple 10 yr old boys were throwing walnuts at me the other day. They were walking toward me in a park and then quickly turned the other direction around this house. Then a couple walnuts thumped on the ground close by while I was digging. I was getting #$%^ thought about running around the corner swinging my big 'ol digger/knife (pretty intimidating lol) yelling like a bancheee rofl teach them boys a lesson to mess with a treasure hunter..... when I realized I was UNDER a walnut tree
    I may have things mixed up (let's blame old age) but Tana's tale reminded me of something from the past about Attack Squirrels!
    SeabeeRon on the beach in Santa Cruz,CA.

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeeRon View Post
    I may have things mixed up (let's blame old age) but Tana's tale reminded me of something from the past about Attack Squirrels!
    Well now I'm curious- do tell!

Once I was sitting under a pear tree and a squirrel got territorial. He got directly above me and chewed the baby pears off, trying to hit my head! rofl
    Oldest copper-- 1820 LC

I would have paid money to see that. rofl Out here in the sticks they don't play disc golf or at least I haven't seen them. Remind me to stay on your good side.
    E-Trac, Spectra V3, MXT, Musketeer Advantage, Compadre and UniProbe.

Quote Originally Posted by tanacat View Post
    Well now I'm curious- do tell!

Once I was sitting under a pear tree and a squirrel got territorial. He got directly above me and chewed the baby pears off, trying to hit my head! rofl
    well i was a kid {shocking isnt it? to be this old and still remember kid stuff?} and was squirrel hunting . was on the way out of the woods to meet my dad after he blew the horn to come out., and walked under an oak tree on the trail, only to be hit in the head with a pine cone while under the oak tree. so i backed up and looked...stretched out hiding from me on a big limb was a fox squirrel that had dropped the pine cone on me. he went home with us for dinner thumbsup01

They're feisty little critters aren't they rofl I always did want to raise a baby one... several friends got the [s]privelidge[/s] [s]priviledge[/s] privelege Anyway I did raise a baby Opossum though.

Angie- This topic got way off didn't it? lol
    Oldest copper-- 1820 LC

Veteran Member leslie(nova scotia)'s Avatar

From the land of the Bluenose....imagine a lot of it is just folks being jerks. Keep your chin up....and eyes open!
    From the land of the Bluenose.....life is a beach at least till the tide comes in and the Bud is all gone. Swish and dig at the drop of a dime!

Darn frisbee golfers... I thought we were through playing that in the 7th grade! Ruining parks all around here too! Folks take that stuff serious!
    CTX 3030, Garrett Propointer
    2013 Silver count: 27
    2012 Silver count: 30
    2011 Silver count: 58
    2010 Silver count: 77