Thread: Detecting today

Detecting today

Nothing exciting showed up at this hunt, even though it was in the middle of 3 colonial vacant houses. My buddy got permission from the authorities there. They were piced clean a while back. Plus I believe some gravel was brougt in under the first 4 inches of top soil. Add to that they buried their trash all over So, my E Trac struggled and falsed a lot. Nothing past 6 here. But did get a nice 1920 D Wheat. Seems the more worn out the penny when dropped, the better it holds up. Weather was great.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Re: Detecting today

Congrats on the great looking wheat! We all have those days when a good looking site just doesn't pay out like it should!

That wheat is in better shape than the ones I have been digging up lately. Nice. It really was a beautiful day. We need more of such days.

I was going to say that it looks better than the ones I usually see dug around there. Glad to you could get out.
    [move]White’s MXT Minelab E-Trac Oldest coin: 1875 Indian Head Cent Oldest Silver Coin: 1886 Seated Liberty Dime[/move]

Still a nice day out. It was a beautiful day here too, but I wasn't able to go detecting

What's the thing in the upper right corner?
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

whats going on , just the other day you were complaining about finding a wheatie while searching for large coppers and now your actively seeking them out ah the old reverse psychology detecting tactic looking for wheats in hopes that large copper or two will spring up , i got ya . thumbsup01

Dan
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Glad to hear that you got out. Nice looking wheatie!

Quote Originally Posted by Epi-hunter View Post
    What's the thing in the upper right corner?
    That thing in the corner is me, trying to make it look like a more successful hunt It's actually a lead seal that utility companies use on their meters, so no one tampers with them. Probably an electric meter seal. Usually I don't post my junkier finds, but I worked hard digging that one The E Trac was having a hard time at that location. I didn't have a set up for all that EMI along with lots of gravel. I was unprepared But there is always tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    whats going on , just the other day you were complaining about finding a wheatie while searching for large coppers and now your actively seeking them out ah the old reverse psychology detecting tactic looking for wheats in hopes that large copper or two will spring up , i got ya . thumbsup01

Dan
    Actually, sitting between those 3 colonials, I was really, really looking for those coppers. But after a couple of hours with no luck, you have to soften your stance By the end I was begging for Wheaties crying01

Well it's reassuring to know that even the pros have tough days That area sure sounded promising though.

I was embarrassed to ask what that meter seal was, because I had seen it before and should have known.
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

Nice finds coinnut I know the feeling of gravel fill my house is loaded with it and it's a tough dig. Congrats again on your finds. thumbsup01
    E-Trac, Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium.