Thread: today's bling

Veteran Member

today's bling

Had a little time this morning for a quick clad and bling pounding hunt. First target rang beautifully in the low range with a 'dig me I'm a gold ring kinda sound', and what came out of the ground looked pretty sweet -- like a gold earring and a silver ring with stones.

But both turned out to be junk :bangahead01: -- it was actually the silver looking ring that gave the low tone, and the gold thing didn't ring at all (-40 or so on the White's scale).

Did manage to pull one silver ring with some sort of green stone, tho, so all was not lost.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Oldest: 1755 Spanish silver; 1800 half dime | 1842 seated half | 1857 seated quarter | 516 silver coins in 2011!

Re: today's bling

Hey, at least you got a little time to hunt. Too bad about the combo ring/earring. But that Sterling ring is nice. Can't see the stone well enough to see if there are any lines in it, but if it does, it could be Malachite, if not it could be Chrysocolla or Aventurine and probably a bunch of others as well lol Nice short hunt Randy.
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

To bad about the impostors but sterling is always a welcome sight thumbsup01
    Congrats
    Some days you get the corn, some days you get the cob
    ​Oldest coin: ​70 B.C. "Harlow Flyer" gold qtr. Stater
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1814 Capped Bust Dime

Hey, Randy, do you hunt fields in Chester county? I was wondering, do you dig any Irish coppers?

Kirk

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by KirkPA View Post
    Hey, Randy, do you hunt fields in Chester county? I was wondering, do you dig any Irish coppers?
    I hunt some (not as much as I'd like to). Never found an Irish copper. Found a VT, a couple of CTs, and some KG IIs and IIIs. A few that are just worn disks as well , more than I'd like to admit.

Are you in Southeast PA?
    Oldest: 1755 Spanish silver; 1800 half dime | 1842 seated half | 1857 seated quarter | 516 silver coins in 2011!

Hey that's a nice ring! it looks like malachite to me... Sorry about your double disappointment crying01
    Oldest silver-- 1838o seated dime (no stars)
    Oldest copper-- 1820 LC

White's V3i, Coinmaster, XLT, Prism IV, Whites new TRX PP- Love it!!! Garretts PP

Quote Originally Posted by randy View Post
    I hunt some (not as much as I'd like to). Never found an Irish copper. Found a VT, a couple of CTs, and some KG IIs and IIIs. A few that are just worn disks as well , more than I'd like to admit.

Are you in Southeast PA?
    I am in Perry county.

Kirk