Thread: New from Northern Virginia!

New from Northern Virginia!

My name is Isaac, I am 15 years old, and I have been metal detecting for over a year now. I am from Northern Virginia and swing the Garrett AT PRO. I think I'm going to enjoy this place. Nice to meet y'all!

GL and HH!

Welcome from Illinois!

Glad you joined the forum, Isaac! There certainly is plenty of history there in Virginia and the potential for great finds!

Nice to meet you as well, and we are looking forward to your participation on the forum.

Best of luck and happy hunting!
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Two-Cent View Post
    Welcome from Illinois!

Glad you joined the forum, Isaac! There certainly is plenty of history there in Virginia and the potential for great finds!

Nice to meet you as well, and we are looking forward to your participation on the forum.

Best of luck and happy hunting!
    Thank you, Tony!

There sure is, I never really appreciated history until I started metal detecting... now it's all I think about! Would you mind if I shared some of my past finds?
    Last edited by Isaac; 05-23-2014 at 05:16 PM.
    I <3 colonial relics!

Please share past finds Isaac. That shoe buckle is sweet! I hope you enjoy the forum and welcome from CT.
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Quote Originally Posted by OxShoeDrew View Post
    Please share past finds Isaac. That shoe buckle is sweet! I hope you enjoy the forum and welcome from CT.
    Thank you so much, actually found it in Connecticut! Was surprised when I found out what it was...
    Last edited by Isaac; 05-23-2014 at 06:07 PM.
    I <3 colonial relics!

Well come to the forum Isaac , I envy your area of the country , Virginia is a beautiful state and just loaded with early history. please post away , we love to see pictures. Glad you found us here.

Dan
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Global Moderator Fire Fighter 43's Avatar
    Welcome to the forum Isaac, it is good to have you with us. I started in this hobby around your age at 13 and at 50 I'm still swinging the coil. You picked a great hobby, good luck and enjoy yourself.

Minelab Equinox 800, 15”Coiltek, 11” & 6”coils

XP Deus II , 11", 9” & 11x13 coils

Detectors since 1977: Simplex, DEUS, CTX 3030, F75 Ltd, Etrac, Excal II, V3i, DFX, GTI2000, Eagle II, 6000DI, 6DB, AlaskanTR4B, Beachcomber

Veteran Member
    Welcome and best of luck. Safe & HH

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
    Would you mind if I shared some of my past finds?
    We would all love to see some of your finds!
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Welcome from Washington state. I'm glad you found this site. You're in a great neck of the woods for MD'ing, that's for sure!
    Land of Two Seasons - Snow and Fire Danger.

Welcome from western MA. Glad your here and looking forward to your finds. I know what you mean about the history being part of our hobby.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Welcome aboard Isaac. Like Tony said, you got plenty if history up there. I grew up mostly in Manassas, but didn't think about a detector back then (mid 60's - mid 70's). Can you believe it. Prime Civil War grounds and I was out fishing???? Every time I head home to visit I hall my AT Pro with me. My brother has a house on the edge of the Chanclersville battle field down in Fredericksburg and have found a mini ball in the two hours I had to detect his yard. Can't wait to see some of your finds. Good hunting to ya.
    Just one more Beep!

Quote Originally Posted by aloldstuff View Post
    Welcome from western MA. Glad your here and looking forward to your finds. I know what you mean about the history being part of our hobby.
    Thanks! Gotta love finding something that's 100... 150... 200 years old or even older!

Quote Originally Posted by buck57 View Post
    Welcome aboard Isaac. Like Tony said, you got plenty if history up there. I grew up mostly in Manassas, but didn't think about a detector back then (mid 60's - mid 70's). Can you believe it. Prime Civil War grounds and I was out fishing???? Every time I head home to visit I hall my AT Pro with me. My brother has a house on the edge of the Chanclersville battle field down in Fredericksburg and have found a mini ball in the two hours I had to detect his yard. Can't wait to see some of your finds. Good hunting to ya.
    Glad you are able to make some finds at your brothers place! Don't you just love the feeling of a Minie Ball?

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Fighter 43 View Post
    Welcome to the forum Isaac, it is good to have you with us. I started in this hobby around your age at 13 and at 50 I'm still swinging the coil. You picked a great hobby, good luck and enjoy yourself.
    I'm glad to be here, seems like a nice, friendly community. Hope I am able to metal detect for that long!

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    Well come to the forum Isaac , I envy your area of the country , Virginia is a beautiful state and just loaded with early history. please post away , we love to see pictures. Glad you found us here.

Dan
    Thanks Dan! I envy YOUR area of the country, there's just loads of history up there. I go to Connecticut three times a year, and I try to metal detect every chance I get! I've pulled some of my best finds in Connecticut!

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Two-Cent View Post
    We would all love to see some of your finds!
    If you haven't already seen my latest thread, check it out!

http://www.americandetectorist.com/f...-Jewelry-Finds
    I <3 colonial relics!

Welcome to the forum from Kalamazoo

Welcome Isaac, from Northern Illinois
    Oldest Coin: 1699 William III Halfpenny

Silver 5
    Indian 3, Buff 1, V Nik 1, Rosie 2, Barber Dime, SLQ 1, barber qtr 1,

YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoU...FVGumMQ/videos

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
    Thanks Dan! I envy YOUR area of the country, there's just loads of history up there. I go to Connecticut three times a year, and I try to metal detect every chance I get! I've pulled some of my best finds in Connecticut!
    Isaac , give us a couple of weeks "heads up" notice the next time your coming up this way maybe we can get a few local members together and take you out to a few cellar sites .

Dan
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Quote Originally Posted by giant056 View Post
    Welcome to the forum from Kalamazoo
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Digger Don View Post
    Welcome Isaac, from Northern Illinois
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    Isaac , give us a couple of weeks "heads up" notice the next time your coming up this way maybe we can get a few local members together and take you out to a few cellar sites .

Dan
    I'd LOVE to hunt with y'all when we are up in your neck of the woods. I'll give you a "heads up" a couple weeks prior! It's been only a dream for me to be able to hunt a cellar hole, thank you for this wonderful opportunity!
    Last edited by Isaac; 05-27-2014 at 06:10 AM.
    I <3 colonial relics!

Hello little dude and Welcome to the forum from John in NJ.
    Whites VX3 - Blisstool LTC64X V3