Thread: Back to swinging - continued

Threaded View

Back to swinging - continued

Ok. Couldn't figure out how to add this to my previous post. Probably too many pictures.

Finally, this past Memorial holiday I drove up to New York to visit my son and he was a great host. He brought me to some of his best sites which he may be regretting now. The first day on one site didn’t yield anything for either of us but the second day at the same site my first target turned out to be a Kay Jeweler’s gift coin. My second target was a silver which got me excited and not having my eyes on, I called Matt over. I was expecting maybe a Barber since it would match up to other coins he had been finding at the site. When I saw and heard his reaction, I knew it had to be better and it turned out to be just my second seated liberty quarter. Same year (1877) as my first but in far better shape and with a Carson City mint mark. That just made my whole trip a cloud nine experience as I very honestly never expected to find another one. Ironically, Matt had just finished telling me how it was at the top of his list of coins to find. Until Matt found a Merc later in the hunt, I thought I might be walking home. In the next few days I came up blank for silver and Matt found a silver Canadian dime. All in all, it was a wonderful trip with great food and some great time spent with my son.

Thanks for looking.
    Attached Images Attached Images        
    Minelab E-trac; CTX 3030