Thread: Mercury rising in Wisconsin

Elite Member

Mercury rising in Wisconsin

Yes the temps are rising but the silver count this week was dominated by Mercury's. The week started with a single Merc that had a decent '16 date. Waited till I got home but no "D" mintmark to be found. I was sitting at 498 silver since getting back into detecting in 2012, so I went back to the Park where I pulled the 1916 Merc. Had to work a while but finally managed to pull another Merc near where I found the one earlier in the week. Now I was determined to find one more silver. I tried but nothing was happening in my area. I decided to hunt a little ways away in an area I was convinced was mostly fill due to a newer building there. It did not take long to get a pretty deep signal I thought would be a penny or clad dime. Nope number 500 was another Merc. In the next 10 minutes I found 2 more Merc's with the last one about 5 feet from my car. This mornings hunt started out tough as the grass was not cut in the park and swinging was a pain. I did manage a deep Merc on a 12-42 signal. Nice surprise!. I moved to a park I had some decent luck at, thinking I might get lucky and hit one more silver. First signal I dig is another 12-42 and it's another Merc. I end up with 2 more silver including my lone Rosie for the week. Total for week was 10 silver dimes and 1 Buffalo along with 27 wheats. Photo shows summary of silver for week and todays pull on clad. Now I just need to have a Barber Dime week like that. Wisconsin Digger
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Total silver 3 - Goal 50 (2024 Finds) - 0 Washington - 0 Barber Dimes - 0 Mercury Dimes- - 3 Roosevelt Dimes - 0 V Nickels - 0 Buffalos - 0 War Nickels - 0 Indian - 10 Wheats - $ 3.44 in clad
    Relics: MILESTONES since 2012: 1700 silver coins - 8000 Clad Quarters - 500 Roosevelts - 750 Mercury Dimes

Now that's a nice bunch of mercury dimes! Congrats on your success. Best wishes and HH, Dave.
    Oldest Coin: 100-60 BC Gallic bronze coin (Sequani Tribe)
    Oldest Silver Coin: 1156 hammered Pfennig from (now) Bavaria
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1805 Draped Bust Large Cent
    Best Coins EVER: 1625 4 Sols from Kingdom of Chateau Renaud, France
    1662 15 Kreuzers, Leopold I, Austria
    Best Relics: Bronze Age Arrowheads & Spearhead, 2c Roman silver ring, complete medieval knight's spur (x6)
    YouTube Channel: Full Metal Digger

Congrats. on your weeks finds.
    Hunt hard & Hunt safe!!!
    Robbie, Hamilton,Il
    Minelab E-Trac, Whites TRX Pin-Pointer
    Sun Ray Pro-Gold Headphones, Lesche
    RNB Innovations Battery

Very nice Mercs And a lot of them. You had a great week.
    Congrats
    Oldest Coin: 1699 William III Halfpenny

Silver 5
    Indian 3, Buff 1, V Nik 1, Rosie 2, Barber Dime, SLQ 1, barber qtr 1,

YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoU...FVGumMQ/videos

That's a solid week of detecting!
    Minelab Equinox 600 & Whites Coinmaster, Garrett Propointer, Lesche Digger
    Oldest silver: 1853 Half-dime & 1876S Seated Quarter / Oldest coin: 1849 US Large Cent / 1854 Upper Canada One Penny Bank Token

Sweet week!

Excellent week of detecting

Veteran Member
    That's the type of mercury rising we like. Safe & HH