Thread: Opinions Please

Opinions Please

Hi forum friends, on three occasions this past month I've seen this guy MDing on private property. You may remember I also saw the troopers dealing with a MDerist on public land a few weeks back (I bet it's the same guy). One of the places he was hunting is on the national register. No digging is allowed AT ALL.
    I've looked into these properties, I know who owns them, and it is highly unlikely that he gained permission.
    Should I call the police and possibly call more attention to our hobby, and its place in our town?...or just ignore him? Thanks for your thoughts, Drew
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

If you know the property owner maybe you should get hold of him first before you call the cops and then just maybe not even say anything at all if the property owner turned you down for permission, its a fine line I'm glad I don't have to get involved myself.

I would call the property owner and let him make the call on what to do.
    Hunt hard & Hunt safe!!!
    Robbie, Hamilton,Il
    Minelab E-Trac, Whites TRX Pin-Pointer
    Sun Ray Pro-Gold Headphones, Lesche
    RNB Innovations Battery

Yeah, kinda a touchy issue walking up to a stranger and confronting them, even if in a non-threatening manner. You never know what their reaction may be. I'd leave the public property issues to the police, and if you fell strongly enough, or know the owners (as you say) perhaps give them a call.

Henry
    Shoot first. Ask questions later.

That is a tough call, Drew.
    LIVE FREE OR DIE

If the guy is digging in places he shouldn't be, more (negative) attention to the hobby will eventually result anyway. If it were me, I would do what I could to mitigate the negative attention before it comes to that. I think asking the property owner if anyone should be there would be appropriate. Make it about his property and he might appreciate your concern.
    Land of Two Seasons - Snow and Fire Danger.