Thread: old half dime

Threaded View

Veteran Member

old half dime

This is sort of unbelievable. Had some time this afternoon and went to scout some areas that looked good on the aerials, but they were off-limits without permission.

Decided to try to snag some bling on the way home along the soccer field of a modern park, but the field was in use. Volleyball courts were rock hard, so I just went to an out of the way corner to pass the time since it was such a nice day.

First target was +53 @ 4 inches which is almost always a zincoln on the V3 -- I often don't dig 'em but they can also be silver earrings so I said what the heck. Couldn't believe it was an 1800 half dime. <: <: <: This park was developed not more than 20 or 30 years ago. Scratched it 'cause I thought there was no chance that it would be a worthwhile target I'm much more careful at old sites. Oh well, very costly mistake. Added a pic with the dirt on it case someone wants do believe I didn't dig it, 'cause I certainly don't. lol
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Oldest: 1755 Spanish silver; 1800 half dime | 1842 seated half | 1857 seated quarter | 516 silver coins in 2011!