Thread: Hello Guys.

Smile Hello Guys.

Im not a new member to American Detectorist ,I actually thought I was but I signed up 3 years ago but I just made my 1st post 2 weeks ago. I live in Dunkirk,Indiana not to far from Muncie.
    I have been metal detecting since 1976 with my 1st detector being a Lowrance
    BFO. Not to long after I got a Garret TR then really got the bug! After, I,ve had a Compass Judge 2, Garret Coin Hunter,then started detecting in 1989 with White,s Detectors. I,ve had an E-trac since Dec 1911 and I really love it!
    I like looking for the older coins and tokens in Parks and older home yards as so many of you do. I have watched Tony Two Cents and Daddy Diggers video,s for over a year and have learned a lot about hunting with the E-trac from watching them and appreciate them and others taking the time to make them. I just want to say again Hello Again and Happy Hunting!

Welcome back to the forum. With your detecting career your collection must be huge. Feel to post up some of your more memorable finds.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Hi, Jim!

Nice to see your post. Thanks for your kind comments about my YouTube videos. I just do it for fun but it's good to know that someone enjoys them.

Me and DaddyDigger went right through your area on our annual road trip to Ohio last fall. We didn't find much though, you must have cleaned it all out!

Don't be shy about participating on the forum, and feel free to post some of your finds. We would love to see them!

Best of luck and happy hunting.

Tony
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Welcome! Good to see you posting. I am glad my videos have been helpful to you. As Tony mentioned, we have MD'ed in Indiana two years now but can never seem to find anything old. We have assumed the soft soil allows the coins to sink too deep. Are you finding old coins when you hunt? If so, tell us your trick so we can do well when we pass through again this fall. Also, we LOVE seeing pictures of finds and the stories behind them so please don't be shy about sharing. Best wishes and HH, Dave.
    Oldest Coin: 100-60 BC Gallic bronze coin (Sequani Tribe)
    Oldest Silver Coin: 1156 hammered Pfennig from (now) Bavaria
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1805 Draped Bust Large Cent
    Best Coins EVER: 1625 4 Sols from Kingdom of Chateau Renaud, France
    1662 15 Kreuzers, Leopold I, Austria
    Best Relics: Bronze Age Arrowheads & Spearhead, 2c Roman silver ring, complete medieval knight's spur (x6)
    YouTube Channel: Full Metal Digger

Hey, welcome back A BFO? I had one back in the day. Didn't think anyone even knew what they were now Funny how we all started with one brand and wandered over to a bunch of different maker's machines. Some of those Compass machines were good in their day!!
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Welcome back to the forum from Northern Illinois. I agree, their videos have been a helpful tool to many starting out with the e-trac.
    Looking forward to seeing posts of your finds.
    Oldest Coin: 1699 William III Halfpenny

Silver 5
    Indian 3, Buff 1, V Nik 1, Rosie 2, Barber Dime, SLQ 1, barber qtr 1,

YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoU...FVGumMQ/videos

Veteran Member
    Welcome and best of luck this year. Safe & HH

I look forward to your participation and expertise. Welcome!
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Yeah, please start posting some of the stuff you've found over the years. New guys like me want to see what we missed out on.

Lou

Global Moderator Fire Fighter 43's Avatar
    Welcome to the forum Jim from SE Wisconsin. It is good to have you with us, GL and HH.

Minelab Equinox 800, 15”Coiltek, 11” & 6”coils

XP Deus II , 11", 9” & 11x13 coils

Detectors since 1977: Simplex, DEUS, CTX 3030, F75 Ltd, Etrac, Excal II, V3i, DFX, GTI2000, Eagle II, 6000DI, 6DB, AlaskanTR4B, Beachcomber

Hello and Welcome to the forum from John in NJ.
    Whites VX3 - Blisstool LTC64X V3