Thread: First Finds by a Newbie

First Finds by a Newbie

Remember your first detector? Your first find? Your first GOOD find?

This week's show is a look at my beginning, and the find that hooked me into this wonderful hobby forever.

Listen at http://thetreasurecorner.com.

I can't imagine anyone pulling that out of the earth and NOT being hooked for life. It's awesome. For me it is inspiring and yet depressing. I can assume that, one day, I will have a find like that! On the other hand, it makes me doubt every 4 inch pull tab I have passed by....

Lou

Dig the tabs to find the gold, Twobit! How many rings have you passed by already?

Play my little game - dig 25 pulltabs every time you go out, before you screen them out.

That's great advice. And here I was being a snob! I'll go get them tabs for sure next time. It's killing me to think I've passed rings...

Twobit, if my first detector wasn't all-metal, if it had been able to discriminate, that ring in the picture would still be in that front yard in Selma, Alabama. Because I would have screened it out!

Veteran Member
    Congrats for the find. Safe & HH

My first find, other then nails, was an ox shoe. I didn't know what it was. My first good find was an 1800s indian head. I love your program Dan, thanks.
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew