Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: i broke down and made myself a ring from a Morgan

i broke down and made myself a ring from a Morgan

i just couldnt help myself . it's big and heavy, but it fits me perfectly and looks great i think. i posted pics of it on another forum i'm on, and a guy from Az. sent me a morgan for me to ring out for him.

mine is the 1890, and his is the 1921. i think they both look great. The Az. guy has to wait a day or 2 more to wear his, since his is still in the mail system on its way to him

hope you all enjoy the pics!
    Attached Images Attached Images      

they look great Hook , didn't take you long to master that skill . well done
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    they look great Hook , didn't take you long to master that skill . well done
    ty Del!! its not all that difficult once you have the right equipment, and you have mutilated a LOT of coins practicing this craft lol. i dont know how many clad coins i totally wrecked before getting it down to where i'm confident on every coin.

but i still blow one up on occasion. but so far, i havent wrecked any big silvers . (knock on wood)

thanks again for the compliment . i appreciate it !

Wow they really lood great. Excelent work!

That is awesome great job
    Oldest Coin - 1830 Large Cent
    Oldest Silver - 1898 Barber Dime

Garrett Ace 350, Garrett AT Pro Pointer

thanks for the nice comments ya'll!

i really enjoy doing this, but it upsets the wife when we're trying to watch tv in the evenings while i'm beating on these rings lol.

That is beautiful Hook, nice work.
    GL&HH

Them Morgan rings are KILLER Hook

Those are excellent! Beautiful work!
    I live my life one target at a time
    since '68

Wow, they came out great...nice job Hook
    Visit my metal detecting you tube channel to watch some of my digs.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/thiltzy1?feature=mhee

Seriously...just excellent. I have enough hobbies and now you show me this? You could sell those...people would buy 'em up.

Those are beautiful! after looking at these I invested in some of the stuff I need to give it a try. I've been considering it for a while now and will mutilate some clad quarters before I try a silver. Can't wait to give this a try. Thanks Hook for sharing these.

Ron
    Whites VX3 with Sunray Probe, 10x12 SEF, 8x6 SEF, 10dd, 6x10Eclipse, 4x6 Eclipse, Lesche digger and Garrett Pro Pointer.

I've heard say the larger the coin the bigger the ring size is , but what if you drill a smaller hole , is the band to wide to wear??
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

I was wondering the same thing...and yes the rings look very cool!!

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    I've heard say the larger the coin the bigger the ring size is , but what if you drill a smaller hole , is the band to wide to wear??

they look great i am amazed how good they look you may have some fellow forum members putting in their orders dennis

thanks for all the nice comments everyone! this is my new hobby now..other than detecting. and it pays pretty good ive sold quite a few rings of various sizes, and 2 morgans also. and other orders coming in almost daily . i love this coin hunting hobby!

Del, the size of the hole doesnt mean a wider band, but too large a hole means a narrow band. narrower than it needs to be. the ring size also has a bearing on how wide or narrow the band it .

the larger dollar coins , clad or silver, make really thick wide rings. it takes a large hand to wear one confortably. i wear a clad eisenhower dollar daily, and it takes a little getting used to , to wear such a large ring . and of course i wear my morgan ...as my "dress up" ring lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronandari View Post
    Those are beautiful! after looking at these I invested in some of the stuff I need to give it a try. I've been considering it for a while now and will mutilate some clad quarters before I try a silver. Can't wait to give this a try. Thanks Hook for sharing these.

Ron
    Ron, good luck with your ringing bud! do practice a lot on the clad coins before moving to the silver, because if you're like me..you'll mutilate a LOT of coins before getting the process down pretty good. feel free to email me at Hookyisbackxx@aol.com if you have any questions on any steps in the ringing process. i can also give you some tips and tricks if ya want lol. good luck man!!

I'll be getting with you next week Hook after my dapping block and mandrel arrive. I'm looking forward to visiting with you after seeing the quality of the work you are doing. Cheers

Ron
    Whites VX3 with Sunray Probe, 10x12 SEF, 8x6 SEF, 10dd, 6x10Eclipse, 4x6 Eclipse, Lesche digger and Garrett Pro Pointer.

good deal Ron...i'll be waiting !

Beautiful work!! Those Morgan are gorgeous That sounds like a good companion hobby to detecting
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold