Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Never Been Hit Site

Hybrid View

Never Been Hit Site

...and my coil broke after 30min.
    I got in about 30min at this tavern site today. I'm telling you....there is a TON of stuff here The land is privately owned and I'm helping the owner learn to detect...but when I'm able to concentrate there were keepers EVERYWHERE. This guy could open a museum if I was allowed to concentrate until the site was gone through. Don't believe me?...every hole I dug had multiple pottery shards, and a full oyster shell was found in one hole! Here are the initial finds...
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Sweet. I thought the place I was intending to hit today was gonna be virgin..not so much. Only got a buckle but unknown age. I'm still waiting for one large cent.. 1800s..

Wow. 30 min. Can't wait to see what a good half day hunt will yield. Congrats
    Just one more Beep!

Oh boy. Sounds like you have yourself a heck of a honey hole Drew. Congrats!
    Slow digging is better than no digging.
    Whites V3i, MXT, Garrett Pro Pointer, Sampson 31" T-handle shovel.
    AD members detected with: del, OxShoeDrew, RobW, Massdirtfisher, Mango Ave, Lee, chrisinct, aloldstuff, HEAVYMETALNUT, Thiltzy

you guys need back up!!! awesome targets
    2008-14 coppers
    2009-32 coppers
    2010-34 coppers 2-GW buttons
    2011- 80 & 3/4 coppers 1-GW button
    2012- 92 coppers/large cents 1-GW button
    2013- 57 1/4 coppers 6- GW Buttons
    2014- 69 coppers 1-GW button
    2015- 20 1/4 coppers
    2016-44 coppers 1-GW button
    2017-19 & 1/2 coppers
    2018-19 coppers 1-GW
    2019-5 coppers
    click to see my photo album

Oh man ! Congrats on a a nice spot Drew. Cool little knife (if that's what it is).
    Oldest find: 5,000 year old copper spearhead
    Oldest coin: 1699 William III halfpenny
    Purdiest coin: 1832 Capped Bust quarter
    Coolest find: USA button with blue threads still on shank

"He who would search for pearls must dive below."

Tavern site...man what an opportunity! Great finds in such a short time...quality and quantity! I'm sure you'll be back several more times. Bet there's some great old bottles buried somewhere around there too.

John
    Vermont relic hunting, one swing at a time.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG2...OLib30A/videos

Congrats Drew. Time to get a new coil ASAP. Good luck hunting that site. Looking forward to the future pics.

Veteran Member
    Nice finds and hope the site continues to amaze. Safe & HH

Super nice finds for only a half hour of hunting. I would be going nuts until I got back there. Good luck on your return to the site.
    Oldest Coin: 1699 William III Halfpenny

Silver 5
    Indian 3, Buff 1, V Nik 1, Rosie 2, Barber Dime, SLQ 1, barber qtr 1,

YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoU...FVGumMQ/videos

Wow , life is good , what a site !! You have a good excuse to treat yourself to a back up detector if you don't already have one .

sweet large cent and I like the personalized pen knife , nice finds Drew
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Wow Drew, that place is a gem for only a 1/2 hr of tecting.
    Minelab Manticore / SPECTRA V3i, Pro-Pointer II. Lesche Digger.
    Oldest Copper: 1694 William & Mary Halfpenny. Oldest Silver: 1663 1-Reale
    Cob.

My Album

Man that is the dream we all have to get on such a site! Love the knife and great coins...keep us posted!
    Psalms 24:1 ¶ The earth is the LORD'S, and all it contains...But God shares with us who search!
    Member Dayton Diggers CTX 3030- Minelab E-Trac

click here to view my finds album

....wait, didn't your machine break Tue? And again this weekend? Apparently you kill the machine while trying to find the coins. It should be the other way around, the machine kills the coins.

Quote Originally Posted by MangoAve View Post
    ....wait, didn't your machine break Tue? And again this weekend? Apparently you kill the machine while trying to find the coins. It should be the other way around, the machine kills the coins.
    Yeah, Jim...it runs about an hour then all heck breaks loose. I've isolated the problem to one coil. I have to send it in.
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Quote Originally Posted by OxShoeDrew View Post
    Yeah, Jim...it runs about an hour then all heck breaks loose. I've isolated the problem to one coil. I have to send it in.
    You did have a back up, right? I thought you said you did. Hate to see you out of the game for a bit. What will you do with yourself? . Weird tho. Some of the things I work with are 50kHz transformers. They can sing when the coils are loose, but they are in power supplies, not coil antennas. Just from electronics experience, They don't draw much power so I don't think the issue is any bit heat related. There were many posts on here about coils (the internal enamel coated wires wrapped in coils) coming loose. Unless it's the connector end. You would not believe how many issues are caused at connectors. They can have stress relief but yet the internal wires still move just a bit and eventually the connection becomes poor or open. If the coil arm has any resistance and bends it may pull the wire a little. It's inevitable tho. I hope mine isn't starting to act funny. I have no idea why on Sat morning I was getting weird stuff. I think it was location tho. When I was near a signal it was reading the signal. But near an area where there was nothing in the ground, it was giving some random numbers. Sometimes it happened when the detector was put down. There was a fire station close by, maybe the antenna's gave interferance. I know store entrance doors set off radar detectors, quite a bit higher frequency, not sure if those were interferance too. They were diagonal maybe 500 ft away. ...ehhh..

Jim, I agree that it may be the connecting point as we are forced to actually bend the wire (right where it connects to the housing) when we carry the machine at its balance point. Although this one is the youngest of my four coils. I've also had "shielding" issues with my other T2. Although that sounded different. So I don't know. I've emailed Teknetics and am waiting for reply.
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Great going Drew ! Sounds like hours of more goodies too find . Sorry to hear about your Coil . My situation was different but I still know how it feels .
    I'm sure the Owner must be going Crazy after seeing what he has just sitting in the ground and on his own land . That's a great way to get Hooked on the hobby, no ? LOL
    Detector used: White's XLT AVATAR IS A FMDAC
    SILVER ROUND- EAGLE CLUTCHING DETECTOR OVER THE EARTH

2013 Finds so far : 4 Wheaties, ** 6 Indian Pennies ** (all found in Cornfield) , 0 Shield Nickels, 3 Mercs, 2 Barber Dimes, 1 Silver Washington , 1839 Large Cent, 1 2Center
    [url=http://www.americandetectorist.com/forum/index.php?action=media;sa=album;in=58][color=blue]click here to see

2014 Finds : Inactive for Now

Drew, you must be going out of your mind.....waiting......waiting, knowing that this site will produce great finds. Hope you can get your machine problems fixed real soon. Now all of us are waiting......waiting, for the next post.

on those finds
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album