Well, the Pequot hunts have slowed down both in number of days out there, and quantity of good finds. I did a Thursday and Friday hunt at the location where the conical points came from 2 seasons ago. Total finds for the two days - good vs bad? 30 shot gun shells, 102 bullet casings, 85 22cal lead slugs. That's the bad . The good was only 3 musket balls. We need to move on to the next areas soon. Since there was no hunt today, I decided to try and get some coppers at a site that I found my best Constellatio Nova copper at. I spent about 5 hours there and did not score a single coin. But that's OK since I did get two military buttons. I forgot that this is also the site that some nice Excelsior buttons came from and it also gave up Eagle buttons in the past too. Today I got one of each. The Eagle buttons don't hold up too well in this soil, but this one is decent enough. The Excelsior buttons on the other hand, have had a lot of silver plate left on them. Today's is no exception, it cleaned up excellent. For those people interested in what I'm digging to get these finds, I'm showing them all. I did use some discrimination on the GPX today, but also tested the bad targets by digging a bunch of them in order to verify the discriminator is not getting rid of good targets too. The pictures are typical of what you will dig using a pulse machine with limited discrimination. I'm getting better at it and believe it or not, there is a reduction in iron targets dug since last week I didn't expect much but was really surprised at what I did get today. Next time out I am going to see how many buttons are left at the button site where 600 buttons came out of there to date.

Name:  001.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  72.0 KBName:  002.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  65.6 KBName:  009.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  54.3 KBName:  007.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  58.8 KB