Thread: Sunday Hunt with BruceT & Tony Two-Cent

Sunday Hunt with BruceT & Tony Two-Cent

Tony Two-Cent, DiggerAl and I were invited down to hunt a few parks in BruceT's hometown. We hit three parks. The first one, I managed just one Wheatie. The second one, I dug a 1945 Merc and a rifle shell casing. It still amazes me how many shotgun shells & shell casings I find in public Parks. The third, 2 more Wheats. Not my most productive day but any day with silver is a great day. Thanks to BruceT for showing us around his town and buying us lunch. We had a great time. Tony, as always a pleasure.

On the way home, I stopped at one more park that had a mound of dirt about 100 yards long. It looked like they just dug up a water line. I just got finished going down one side and back up the other when a guy pulls up on an ATV and tells me that they don't allow metal detecting in their parks. I apologized, packed up my gear and left. With a 1953 Rosie and 1 more wheat in my pocket. The mound was much longer than the photo shows, I took it as I was driving away.
    All in All, Another great day hunting with my Son & friends.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by Digger Don; 08-03-2014 at 10:00 PM.
    Oldest Coin: 1699 William III Halfpenny

Silver 5
    Indian 3, Buff 1, V Nik 1, Rosie 2, Barber Dime, SLQ 1, barber qtr 1,

YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoU...FVGumMQ/videos

Wow Don that Mercury dime has very nice detail great finds.... I've been on a two week drought with no silver but just gotta keep swinging HH
    Oldest Coin - 1830 Large Cent
    Oldest Silver - 1898 Barber Dime

Garrett Ace 350, Garrett AT Pro Pointer

Nice hunting and finds. No metal detecting but they allow ATV's????? Actually the replacing of the water pipe did more damage than you did. But rules are rules......

V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Great finds. I agree with Al about the ATV and the water pipe... and with MDing we put the grass back so it doesn't need re-seeding like a water pipe replacement does. Most of the time here it's opposite. Most parks don't have any restriction on MDing (tho some do) yet almost every park I have been to say either no motor vehicle allowed or past this point.
    Last edited by MangoAve; 08-04-2014 at 06:55 AM.

Veteran Member
    Congrats on the double silver day. Nice. Safe & HH

Elite Member
    Nice hunt, silvers always nice. WD
    Total silver 3 - Goal 50 (2024 Finds) - 1 Washington - 0 Barber Dimes - 0 Mercury Dimes- - 3 Roosevelt Dimes - 0 V Nickels - 0 Buffalos - 1 War Nickels - 0 Indian - 13 Wheats - $ 5.29 in clad
    Relics: MILESTONES since 2012: 1700 silver coins - 8000 Clad Quarters - 500 Roosevelts - 750 Mercury Dimes

Congrats again on your Merc, Don! It was the only 90% silver coin of the day. And you got another silver dime on the way home! It was a pleasure hunting with you and Alec, as always.

Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Sounds like you guys had a great time detecting togather! Congrats on the 45 merc and the rosie! HH

Great score on them silvers Don

Sweet silver !
    Always looking for that next ring !!

Congrats on the silver and unfortunately, more and more public places are off limits. I almost want to ask the next elected official his or her stance on metal detecting Make it a public issue Some of those shell casings may come in with fill dirt.
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold