Was invited to hunt a spot where we've been waiting for the grass to be cut. This spot has produced 60 coppers at this point. They usually come out of the ground quite poor, but there's a lot of them and an inaugural button came out of the site also. I found these 3 over the last couple of days and can't wait to go back. Although they're pretty poor, I found a 1787 Connecticut draped bust left. For the CT collectors it appears to be reverse r. The George II is missing the date as is the Machin's piece. A lot of people who find any George III assume it's a Machin's and most aren't. The easiest giveaway is the shield if you can see it. British pieces have an outlined union jack and Machin's don't. Another giveaway over the regal halfpence is the weight although this isn't always proof as most of the George III pieces you find are counterfeit British half pence and not Machin's. A lot of it comes from my experience over 25 years collecting colonials. These aren't great coins, but it's always fun finding colonials. Flat button wasn't anything special. Maybe I'll post a pic later.

Name:  1787 ct obv 8-13-15 reduced.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  91.4 KB

Name:  1787 ct rev 8-13-15 reduced.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  57.4 KB

Name:  machins 8-11-14 obv reduced.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  46.7 KB

Name:  machins rev 8-11-14 reduced.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  41.7 KB