Thread: No shovel has stood up yet. Found a possibility for only $5

Threaded View

For trowels I have seen the razor edge gator digger which costs about the same as a lesche. It looks similar and gives lifetime guarantee. I did see a pro series digger with lifetime guarantee and costs a lot less. All are stainless steel, unlike the aluminum diggers.

There is also a 4' shovel at a local hardware store, not the big box stores. It had a fiberglass handle and carbon steel spade. There were no teeth or sharp edge. The top of handle was round. Only $30.

Most haven't seen that the post was a review of the stuff that hasn't worked. But, I do like to see all the options as well and then decide. Was anyone's first car a Ferrari? Bell, Lesche is part of Predator tools if you saw a post about one breaking..... I do wonder tho for those who own a predator, how well does the serrated edges or sharp edges hold up? Do you guys sharpen them from time to time. Even if they were coated with diamond dust they would eventually wear down over time. Esp hitting those rocks in the ground.

Oh, and there are a few gator type trowels out there which is single piece rolled 1/16th" steel. The handle being the rolled part, covered with a rubber grip. But I have seen from others who own that type, the end wears down and the grip slides down the handle. Some of those cost as much as the Lesche trowel but poor design on the handle grip!! Single piece means the metal holds up 'cuz no *shoddy* welds.
    Last edited by MangoAve; 09-08-2014 at 10:32 AM.