I volunteered to try to find a friend's lost wedding band, put the MD in the golf cart and headed out. When I got to the street where they used to live, I hooked a sharp left and out tumbled my new best friend. It hit on the housing, flipped over and slid across the pavement, coil side down. I was sick. I drove to the house and told the people who lived there what I was needing to do. They said no problem and wished me luck. I powered up the machine and all of the sudden it went crazy. Every number in the world came and went on the LCD display. I was sure it was toast. It is a computer, right? So I took out the batteries to try a cold reboot. No luck. I changed to every mode, tried changing frequencies to no avail. I decided to take it home and see what it was going to cost to get it fixed. At home I thought I would try it one more time. Guess what. It ran like a new Ferrari. I was stumped but happy. Thank You Lord! I ate lunch and headed back to the spot where it all began. Same song, second verse. I looked around and there above me were about a dozen electrical transmission wires. I tried all 4 frequencies again, but no help. I could only wonder if there were also buried cables somewhere. I was finally able to use it by taking the sensitivity down to almost half. It worked fine, but I still did not find the ring. All I have to say is that the "AT Pro" is ONE TOUGH COOKIE! Has anyone else ever had that drastic of interference from overhead wires or could maybe a Shortwave Radio transmission cause something like this? I would really like to know.