Thread: Weekend Cellar Holes *Silver Dollar spill, 6th GW Button, Shoe Buckle Spill..oh my!*

Threaded View

Weekend Cellar Holes *Silver Dollar spill, 6th GW Button, Shoe Buckle Spill..oh my!*

I don't even know what to say? So many crazy things happening during this weekends hunts.

I guess I will go in chronological order with so much happening but I don't want to ramble on so here it goes...
    Saturday Sept 6th:
    -Dave and I secure permission to hunt Mill sites and Cellar holes on private land(170+ acres).
    -Land owner is unbelievably nice, we Invite Dan(del).
    -We hit the mill site and cellar hole, it's pounded(poached by trespassers) only a few buttons there.
    -Dan finds the other cellar hole near by and we all get coppers, I got a defaced King George I and 1743 King George II.
    -We scope out another cellar hole and Dan brings a half dozen yellow jackets with him into the truck. They go up his pants and he gets stung multiple times. I spray inside his boots with Bee Bopper.
    -we decide to hunt a field next to the homestead as Dan's hands swell up like balloons. Dan Leaves.
    -Dave and I decide to head over to the cellar hole we scouted earlier even though it is extremely trashy. I take a path from the barn to the cellar hole and hear a 95+VDI number on my MXT Pro. I'm thinking big trashy aluminum piece put decide to dig it because my ears tell me to. I see a huge silver disk and think it's play money, then I see 3 more stacked in the same hole and pick one up. Coin is very heavy and I drop it in shock, my brain could not comprehend what I just dug. I finally come to my senses and yell..."Dave! You're never gonna guess what I just found!"
    -Thunder and rain starts 5 mins after being at this site and we leave for the day. Here is a video of the coin spill

Sunday sept. 7th:
    -New sites. We hike 45 mins in the woods. One cellar hole turns into five.
    - First Hole Dave gets 6 coppers, I get shoe buckles and a 1787 Connecticut. Then I try to persuade Dave to hunt across the way in a side pen. I get a shield Nickle and then find another cellar hole.
    -I call Dave over and then a few mins in, I get my 6th George Washington Innagurational Button. It's Eagle with star variety and rolled up like a burrito!
    - Find another cellar hole and it's hammered.
    - We decide to head back to the car and stumble upon our 4th Cellar Hole. I get a nice signal on the side of the chimney pile and pull out 3 shoe buckles and two sets of tongue and chapes in one 2ft by 2ft stone pile. A shoe buckle spill! Holy cow
    -It's getting Dark and my phone is dead so no more GPS
    - We keep making our way back on gut instinct and then we walk over a Well, look around... no cellar hole. I see a flat area on a mound near the well. It's a cabin site. Getting darker but we have to know if it's a real site. I dig up three cloakers immediately and Dave gets a deep shoe buckle frame.
    - Yes! Site confirmed but we have to leave...to be continued this coming week end Whew!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images                          
    Last edited by Epi-hunter; 09-11-2014 at 07:16 PM. Reason: language
    Visit my metal detecting you tube channel to watch some of my digs.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/thiltzy1?feature=mhee