Thread: quota:Navy Davy meets the Grim Reaper

Veteran Member leslie(nova scotia)'s Avatar

quota:Navy Davy meets the Grim Reaper

Yesterday at work a smell of burning entered out halfway house...only to get stronger. Going to the kitchen I noticed that every window that gave a view eastward was occupied! Went over to see what had captivated the "residents" and it was evil! Hellfire! Up from the earth , burning, smoldering and bringing everything in it's path....back to the earth!

When I left work for the day it was still burning. When I left work the residents were still watching evil incarnate.
    Didn't think much about the previous days fire till this morning when I dropped a plate, cut myself shaving and slipped getting out of the shower. Evil had followed me.
    Navy Davy arrived and we headed to a not too close park. Overcast.....ominious.....forbodding. The park worker showed up and we had quite the chat. She stated that she was retiring after this year. Adding that she would put in a good word for us with her coworkers after Navy Davy showed her a handful of metal debris.
    With that far away look, that empty stare ND approached me. He opened his hand as in a trance and there it was. The Grim Reaper in 925. Due to the sensitive shocking nature of this photo I have added a link so that it will not be seen by those faint of heart(not to mention that the photos I took didn't turn out and ND emailed me this one which I could not convert to a jpg.)
    http://metaldetectingforum.com/attac...1&d=1410900595
    Skulduggery!
    While Navy Davy was a "prisoner of his swinging desire" I hit a penny honey hole that gave me 37 pennies towards quota.
    The sky became blacker.....we had finished with ND getting The Grim Reaper, a silver framed brooch and 53 coins...quota was had.

As for the one that had not been touched by the Reaper, a quota was had (73 coins)!

Ironically not two minutes after we left the park....rain started.
    From the land of the Bluenose.....life is a beach at least till the tide comes in and the Bud is all gone. Swish and dig at the drop of a dime!

Now Navy Davy has a ring to wear for Halloween.
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Did the rain follow you home???? I hope you acquired a talisman to ward off the evil. Nice that quota was met and ND ring is cool.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album