Thread: Minelab x-terra 705 or At Pro

Minelab x-terra 705 or At Pro

This coming spring or early summer Im wanting to upgrade I have the Ace 350 but wanting something better so any of you that have either or used either which machine would be better I mostly coinshoot but always up for detecting anywhere just looking for some different feedback thanks and HH
    Oldest Coin - 1830 Large Cent
    Oldest Silver - 1898 Barber Dime

Garrett Ace 350, Garrett AT Pro Pointer

Nesdord,
    I am not acquainted with the Minelab, except it's great reputation, but I can verify with my short experience with the AT Pro that even a dummy like myself am getting amazing results due to the simplicity of operation. Because of it's standard mode, one can ease into confident handling before jumping straight into the more challenging professional mode. The ability to search in fairly deep water without the fear of water damage should the unit succomb to dunking is a real plus for unsure footed users like myself. I wish I could tell you all the strong points of the AT Pro, but it is still a new hobby to me. Good luck in your search for an upgrade.

Thank you sir I appreciate all comments

Candidate Member
    Nesdore , hello I have never used the minelab 705 so can't help you there but I have used the AT Pro and it is an outstanding detector . I started right off using the pro mode on it as it is great. the machine is not that hard to learn and it has good depth, Waterproof and a very stable machine . you will hear all kinds of different opinions on it as you do on the 705 I have read and watched and talked to a few 705 owners and some say they had problems with depth with it not sure why . I would like to try one of the 705 just to see but will have to wait on the funds to appear LOL anyway I don't think you could go wrong with either machine myself they both have good and bad ratings. good luck on your choice and HH

Thank you I think im leaning toward the At pro maybe because its waterproof and its made in the US also ive heard great customer service with Garrett

I have a EXT 505, I love it. But I beleave the ATP is a little easyer to learn. You can not go wrong with either. Good luck.
    S.P.Q.R. xtera 505, tesoro Compadre,tesoro sand shark,whites coin master, Pro pointer.