Thread: Quickie before the rains, bagged my 1'st Rosie - 9/13

Quickie before the rains, bagged my 1'st Rosie - 9/13

Didn't expect to get out with the rain predicted for the afternoon. Doing all my chores today so I can play tomorrow, supposed to be sweet out.

Got done after 2, checked the radar, and chucked my stuff in the car. The rain wasn't far off, so I boogied down to the school I got that neat 40's razor from. Did OK in the hour or 90 minutes before the rains came, an assortment of stuff. That sweet, deeper signal I'm learning to love happened early. A 52 Rosie. 2 trips with the V3i and silver on both! Also got a wheatie along with the clad. Working back closer to where I found the razor is where the other stuff came up.

A Ponds slideup lipstick tube. What I thought was a flat lump of lead may be pewter instead. Bowl from an infant's feeding spoon I believe? Not sure what it's made from. Feels too light and doesn't look like silver. A nut from some sort of plumbing, and a recently lost button off some kid's coat or something.

Nice cool, breezy day for detecting until the rain. Definitely heading out tomorrow, just not sure where yet. Thanks for reading.
    Name:  FirstRosie.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  133.3 KB
    Last edited by Trooper Bri; 09-13-2014 at 08:42 PM.
    Slow digging is better than no digging.
    Whites V3i, MXT, Garrett Pro Pointer, Sampson 31" T-handle shovel.
    AD members detected with: del, OxShoeDrew, RobW, Massdirtfisher, Mango Ave, Lee, chrisinct, aloldstuff, HEAVYMETALNUT, Thiltzy

2 hunts with the V3i and 2 silvers....WTG. What program are you working in. I started out in C&J but then I discovered HI-PRO and Hi-Trash. Both of the latter have produced some great finds.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Oops, I was running in C&J mostly. Relic when I was getting a bunch of negative VDI blips. Turned out to be older nails.

I tried Hi-Pro (and Mixed) tinkering the day day I got it in the field out in front of my place, and it was going nuts. Almost like an evil EMI issue, but it worked fine in the other modes. Head scratcher I'll re-visit when I get more time getting used to it, or get together with a Spectra Jedi.
    AD members detected with: del, OxShoeDrew, RobW, Massdirtfisher, Mango Ave, Lee, chrisinct, aloldstuff, HEAVYMETALNUT, Thiltzy

Hmu if u think the weather is good tomm. I was to worn out to go anywhere today and when I got some energy the outlet I was doing gave me so much trouble. Things had to be done twice. Maybe there's a few places to door knock at.

Oh and congrats on the rosuw. Seems u are picking up the v3i fairly quick.

Elite Member
    Your spoon head made me chuckle, I found one just like it broke at the same spot. Nice Silver. WD
    Total silver 3 - Goal 50 (2024 Finds) - 1 Washington - 0 Barber Dimes - 0 Mercury Dimes- - 3 Roosevelt Dimes - 0 V Nickels - 0 Buffalos - 1 War Nickels - 0 Indian - 13 Wheats - $ 4.61 in clad
    Relics: MILESTONES since 2012: 1700 silver coins - 8000 Clad Quarters - 500 Roosevelts - 750 Mercury Dimes

Congrats on your Rosie. I hope you find many more tomorrow. Good Luck.
    Oldest Coin: 1699 William III Halfpenny

Silver 5
    Indian 3, Buff 1, V Nik 1, Rosie 2, Barber Dime, SLQ 1, barber qtr 1,

YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoU...FVGumMQ/videos

Nice work with the new V3I. It is a sweet machine.
    Whites VX3 with Sunray Probe, 10x12 SEF, 8x6 SEF, 10dd, 6x10Eclipse, 4x6 Eclipse, Lesche digger and Garrett Pro Pointer.

Congrats on your first Rosie !

Congrats on your first Rosie that was my first silver coin ever a 54 Rosie
    Oldest Coin - 1830 Large Cent
    Oldest Silver - 1898 Barber Dime

Garrett Ace 350, Garrett AT Pro Pointer

Thanks everyone!

No silver today, or anything weird. Just clad, but after getting home and counting; AD Achievement Unlocked: The Leslie Quota! Exactly 50. Wasn't keeping track, but looked like a good pile when I dumped my bag out.

Fantastic day to be outside. Started at a park that was on my list. Big and in an old section of town. Didn't do so hot in the area I picked to try, think it's been hit. Finally got into some in a trashy area. Had a couple people stop by and chat for a moment, apparently they detect a bit too. Gave up after a couple hours and went to familiar territory and did a bunch of damage.

Is it next weekend yet?
    Name:  LesliesQuota.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  132.0 KB