Thread: A Couple of Weekend Hunts / Dug Some Nice Silver

Threaded View

A Couple of Weekend Hunts / Dug Some Nice Silver

Last weekend Digger Al and I door knocked at a house up in Wisconsin. We dug a bunch of tokens which I posted earlier in the week and a couple of Rosies which I'm posting now.
    Today we went out again and hit a couple of towns along the Fox River here in Illinois. We got permission at a house that was built around 1920. The only coins we dug were a few wheats, but I did find a very nice Sterling Silver Saint William medallion at about 5 inches. We moved up river a couple of towns and found a house built in 1850. The home owners were extremely nice and told us to go for it. We hunted about an hour. Alec dug a 1940 Washington Quarter, a toy car & marble. and I dug a 1950 Rosie. We both got a few more wheats. The home owner gave us a lead about a house down the street that was built in 1837. We were told that Mary Todd Lincoln used to go there to have her fortune told by the medium that lived there. I actually looked it up on line when I got home and its true. Anyway, I dug an 1895 Barber Quarter and Alec dug a 1923 Merc. Amazingly, no Indians at these old houses.
    Attached Images Attached Images          
    Last edited by Digger Don; 09-13-2014 at 08:32 PM.
    Oldest Coin: 1699 William III Halfpenny

Silver 5
    Indian 3, Buff 1, V Nik 1, Rosie 2, Barber Dime, SLQ 1, barber qtr 1,

YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoU...FVGumMQ/videos