Thread: Knife, Wheat, Silver, Clad

Knife, Wheat, Silver, Clad

Nice little evening hunt tonight, as always it seems I hit one of my favorite schools. Wound up with 51 coins worth $3.57 which includes a 45 wheat and a 46 Rosie. Not a great clad total but the Rosie makes it all good. Also dug a nice Swiss Army knife in good condition, the usual key, and two magnets.

Odd thing about this school... the property is small but there are two main field areas. I have hunted there twice this year and both times the Sov was completely non functional in one of the field areas. The Sov just goes nuts... falsing all over. I could even set the detector down and it would still give a signal. I managed to swing a bit in this area tonight but only with the sensitivity all the way down. The odd thing is I have hunted at this spot for three years now and this was never an issue until this year. And the other field area is just fine, Sov works great there. Weird.

Happy hunting!
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Minelab E-Trac - Minelab Sovereign GT - Bounty Hunter Tracker IV - Tesoro Compadre
    Oldest find - 1804 Draped Bust Half Cent

Re: Knife, Wheat, Silver, Clad

Rock on Z!!! Nice silver! That thing is crying for a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser!
    CTX 3030, Garrett Propointer
    2013 Silver count: 27
    2012 Silver count: 30
    2011 Silver count: 58
    2010 Silver count: 77

Quote Originally Posted by Beefcake View Post
    Rock on Z!!! Nice silver! That thing is crying for a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser!
    Thanks! yeah, that dime has some kind of odd haze to it I usualy don't see on silver around here... as rarely as I see it at all, anyway. lol

Beef, aren't you in Ohio somewhere?
    Minelab E-Trac - Minelab Sovereign GT - Bounty Hunter Tracker IV - Tesoro Compadre
    Oldest find - 1804 Draped Bust Half Cent

Nice silver, Z. A hunt which includes a silver coin among the finds is always sweet. thumbsup01

Veteran Member

Sweet silver. Do those kids up your way have holes in their pockets? You always seem to pull mountains of clad from those schools.

BTW, I have one spot like that -- both of my machines go bonkers for some reason. I thought since they were completely different technologies, one of them would be fine, but not so.
    Oldest: 1755 Spanish silver; 1800 half dime | 1842 seated half | 1857 seated quarter | 516 silver coins in 2011!

another fine hunt for you there Zman. you sure are a clad killer in those schoolyards. the schools down here in south louisiana are all fenced and usually locked up tight, with very few area's anywhere around the buildings to search . every now and then someone leaves a gate open, and thats when i can usually gather up a decent amount of battery money. but mostly newer schools here...only one that i know of is an old location that might hold silver, but that one is NEVER open to hunt.

Hey Z, you got silver That's always a good thing. I would think that school is dirt poor by now lol But keep hitting it if it's still giving up stuff!!
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Great haul Z . It's always nice when you find a nice knife that is usable and not all rusted up . thumbsup01

It's cool that the tweezers are still in the knife. Does it still have the tooth pic also?
    I found a magnet yesterday. Kinda wierd...I was going to scrape the dirt out of it (it's U shaped) when it stuck to the blade lol
    Good hunt thumbsup01
    Congrats on the silver and wheat too
    Some days you get the corn, some days you get the cob
    ​Oldest coin: ​70 B.C. "Harlow Flyer" gold qtr. Stater
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1814 Capped Bust Dime

Congrats on the silver!

I know what you're talking about when the detector goes nuts in just one area. My Etrac comes unglued in a 10x10 area out at my local park with no apparent electrical source.
    Minelab E-Trac