Quote Originally Posted by Epi-hunter View Post
I don't understand that analogy. A car doesn't need a stereo in order for it to be functional. Not so with a detector and coil.
The V3 doesn't need to use the D2 to be functional either, there are alot of other coils. You can even buy a V3 with another coil instead of the D2 if you so choose.

Epi, As far as me getting close to bashing .....thinkingabout: like I said, I dont bash any detector. Tell me how I am getting close to that?
I do believe I am in the the Whites section of this forum. I am a Whites man and like to learn, good or bad about Whites.
I have no interest in Minelab and talking about minelab in a Whites forum shouldn't happen, Especially switching to one. I dont go to the Minelab section and talk about how my Whites is better or try to tell people to get a V3... so it shouldnt happen here.
I have been on numerous metal detecting forums and some make it and some dont. The ones that do welcome all detectorist and dont put up with people bashing other peoples detectors.

I am not narrow minded but I wouldnt use any other detector other than the v3. I wanted a detector that can do it all if learned properly and this one is it. I have used garrett, fisher, and minelab. I made my choice by what I liked and I didnt go by what other people said because thats their opinion and not mine.

I agree that participation is needed in this Whites forum. Yazoo has contributed alot to this forum but Yazoo (Mike) is my friend and I talk with him daily. Who do you think came up with alot of the programing? I tried to start a tips section in this forum for users but deleted it after some stupid remarks. I am doing some testing for Whites so I do know a little something about the machine. I think this is more of a friends type forum and not so much a true metal detecting forum. I defended Angel when a guy started bashing him and now I get jumped on for trying to defend Whites and the V3.
Too much drama for me... so just read this and delete my account.

Jack,
To answer your question, All the failures was the same... Rx gain dropped and it started acting erratic. It got to where it wouldnt even pick up a dime at 5 inches. I had one that lasted 6 months, two that lasted about 2 months, one for 3 days and the last one was a month. I do know that they are building them different now and I am testing the new build when I get it.
The main thing that seams to trash the coils is heat and strong vibrations like if you were to drop it. The D2 is a great coil and IS my favorite but its problem is that it is just not rugged enough.