Thread: Few hours on Sunday - 10/5

Few hours on Sunday - 10/5

Had some biz to take care of in the AM, but was on the road by noon. What a fantastic day to be outside. Sunny, cool, and breezy. Drove by 2 houses I want to hit, but no signs of life at either, so I headed out to a new park for a few hours. Got lucky and found a place not too trashy, and doesn't appear to get hunted.

Whapped a pile of clad in a few hours. Almost a Leslie quota. Nothing older than the 60's though, with one exception. A 52 Canadian penny. I had hoped for better as most of the coins were 4" down or deeper.
    Only have maybe 20 hours on the V3i now, but having 3 frequencies and and the sizing is great for park work. Think I figured out the difference between nickels and square/flip tabs. The middle and high freqs are very close on the sizing/pinpoint, where there's a bit of a gap/difference with a nickel. Seems to be the same with pull tabs.

Also dug a few other bits that looked interesting on screen. Maybe an earring, a cheesy aluminum ring, a small lapel pin sans tack from Springfield College, and a piece that got me excited for a moment caked in dirt, but I think it's crunk? A brooch maybe with a pic in the center. The brooch itself is coming apart like pewter, but the lens over the pic is plastic.

Name:  WRE4.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  91.8 KB
    Name:  WRE5.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  94.6 KB
    Name:  WRE7.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  85.6 KB
    Name:  WRE6.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  76.8 KB
    Slow digging is better than no digging.
    Whites V3i, MXT, Garrett Pro Pointer, Sampson 31" T-handle shovel.
    AD members detected with: del, OxShoeDrew, RobW, Massdirtfisher, Mango Ave, Lee, chrisinct, aloldstuff, HEAVYMETALNUT, Thiltzy

Congrats on your finds. It sounds like your really getting the hang of that machine.
    Oldest Coin: 1699 William III Halfpenny

Silver 5
    Indian 3, Buff 1, V Nik 1, Rosie 2, Barber Dime, SLQ 1, barber qtr 1,

YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoU...FVGumMQ/videos

Nice hunting and glad to see you are figuring out the V3i. I myself love the machine. Are your sticking with one program?
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

not a bad total Brian , you look like your starting to "bond" with that machine
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Congrats on the haul of clad and the rings
    Oldest Coin - 1830 Large Cent
    Oldest Silver - 1898 Barber Dime

Garrett Ace 350, Garrett AT Pro Pointer

That's some serious digging. At first I thought the pin was from 1885, then I figured it out
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Yup... looks like you getting the hang of the V. It will not be much longer and you will be able to tell the difference between nickles, pull tabs, metal eraser heads, can slaw and of course the coveted golden ring. They are all in that same range but have slightly different tonal signals.

You will also find that you find more nickles. A lot of single frequency machines do not hit on the nickles as well as the three frequency V. Every nickle signal is exciting to me because my large gold wedding band and nickles are "almost" identical.
    V3i and Eagle Spectrum.

Oldest Coin 1813 Large Cent
    Favorite Coin 1907 Barber Quarter

Way to go with your new machine !

Thanks everyone!
    Got a lot more bonding to do with the machine Dan, just glad with my nightmare schedule lately that I'm bonding with it at all. Very glad I bought it. More sensitive to EMI than the Garrett, but easy enough to use, with plenty of room to learn. I'm sold on White's.
    Thought the same thing for a sec too Drew. Looking at too many coins will do that I guess.

I'm still running in coins & jewelry mostly for these lawn hunts Al. I've poked around a bit with relic, and even tried mixed mode pro for a bit Sunday since the grounds were fairly clean. No cellar holes lined up, but I'm going to re-visit the walls I found a few items at soon. That stone wall I hit not long ago may have more finds nearby, and the edges of some rocks were falsing my Garrett, so I'll know what to expect.
    AD members detected with: del, OxShoeDrew, RobW, Massdirtfisher, Mango Ave, Lee, chrisinct, aloldstuff, HEAVYMETALNUT, Thiltzy

Brian, if you are going to hit the "wall" again try using Hi-Pro. That program has made some great finds for me and if it gets to noisy switch to High Trash.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Thanks Al. It's not a target rich environment, but I'll probably be there Sunday unless something better materializes. Supposed to be a real nice day to be in the woods, and leaves are turning.

Nice group of finds! This time of year is just so nice for detecting....
    Gary
    Dutchess County NY
    https://www.youtube.com/user/gkillmer
    Present: CTX 3030, Detectorpro Uniprobe
    Past: Minelab E-Trac, Exp- II, Sov
    Oldest US Coin: 1793 Liberty Cap Cent
    Story http://goo.gl/1GR9cR

Oldest Silver: 1776 1/2 Reale
    Story here http://goo.gl/KaY13f

Oldest Coin: 169? King William 1/2
    Story http://goo.gl/xKjtrQ

Oldest: 3500 to 5000 year old Copper Adz