Field season is starting up here in South West Ohio, so far we have been hunting two fields that have been cut while waiting for the others to be harvested. The first field a new permission is a very junky site, with a barn that had been taken down recently which masks some of the better items. The best item found was an 1881 Seated Dime by my nephew Paul unfortunately do not pictures of it at this time. I found a few wheat pennies, two crotal bells, a nice decorative brooch face and a 1933 Dog tag and a St Joseph Medallion made of aluminum.

The second field is a site from last year which I only got to hunt a couple of times, making some nice relic and button finds. This year it was in beans so the hunting is easier to swing a coil. This site is small and has massive iron deposits with a constant grunt interrupted occasionally with a high tone. Last week I got a Cracker Jack token and the 1888 Canadian Fish Scale. We hunted this for about an hour on Sunday and I got an 1899 Indian.

This Wednesday Diane and I went back and we both made some interesting finds

I found a rolled upped spoon, small brass keg tap and a “Good Over All” button

Diane’s good find was an 1864 plain Indian, in decent shape for a field Indian and unusually for this site she said it was a 12-34 on her E-Trac with no iron near it.

My best find was this 1909 vintage Coca Cola Watch Fob at first I was not sure what it was but when I was able to see Coca Cola on the bottom I knew it should be a good item! Research shows that it an uncommon early and scarce find.