Thread: Barber Half, Barber Quarter, SLQ +

Barber Half, Barber Quarter, SLQ +

Today I took a drive to the same park I worked this past Tuesday and detected near and around another line of old trees. I picked up several silver coins there and after a good while I headed to the opposite side of the park to work another line of trees. From there I dug up two silver quarters, a 1920 Standing Liberty and a 1903 Barber, as well as a 1905-S Barber half. I walked away from that park with another eight silver coins in my pouch.

I needed just two more silver coins to reach the 400 silver coin mark this year. Now the count stands at 406.

This is the second half dollar I have dug up this week, both from the same park.

My E-Trac at rest, right where I dug up the Barber half.

It was great to be able to make out a date on the Standing Liberty quarter - 1920.

The silver dimes aren't bad either. The 1944 mercury dime made my 400th silver coin this year.

I also dug up this great looking sterling silver ring.

I like this one too. It looks like it may be some sort of metal clip, having the Woolworth Building on one side and details about the building on the other side. Clearly it is from the time when the Woolworth Building was still the tallest in the world.

This token is larger than a half dollar. The words on it read: A.W. Stone Clothing Furnishing & Shoes Northampton Mass and The holder of this token will be allowed 50 cents rebate on any suit or overcoat.

There were many clad coins too. I dug up 55 clad quarters - shown below - 42 clad dimes, and a good number of memorial cents.

Of course, I also dug up some trash. Below is a sampling of what I dig up during each hunt.

HH!

Re: Barber Half, Barber Quarter, SLQ +

That noise you just heard was my eyeballs bugging so far out of my head that they actually slapped against my glasses. Kind of hurt.

I'm going to go look at my lonely silver Rosie I found tonight and maybe cry a little.

CONGRATS!

Quote Originally Posted by z118 View Post
    That noise you just heard was my eyeballs bugging so far out of my head that they actually slapped against my glasses. Kind of hurt.

I'm going to go look at my lonely silver Rosie I found tonight and maybe cry a little.

CONGRATS!
    You have me laughing so hard I have tears in my eyes.

Thanks, Z!

Quote Originally Posted by z118 View Post

CONGRATS!
    LOL Z!! thats funny i dont care who you are
    Angel...as usual...absolutely astounding !! congrats on passing 400 silvers...i'm betting you'll hit 700 plus this year if you keep the pace up. Good job!

Sweet sweet silver Now that's what I call, robbing the bank Great day out, but I think this has got to rank as one of your most holes dug days? That is a LOT of clad. Great job.

Quote Originally Posted by Hook View Post
    LOL Z!! thats funny i dont care who you are lol
    Angel...as usual...absolutely astounding !! congrats on passing 400 silvers...i'm betting you'll hit 700 plus this year if you keep the pace up. Good job! thumbsup01
    Thanks, Hook !

Quote Originally Posted by coinnut View Post
    Sweet sweet silver l Now that's what I call, robbing the bank Great day out, but I think this has got to rank as one of your most holes dug days? That is a LOT of clad. Great job.
    Yeah, this was definitely a major digging day. There was one long section where spectators gather to view the kids playing baseball, and it was loaded with clad coins!

Outstanding !! Great finds and pictures . A nice touch that picure of "Old Faithful" taking a breather under that tree .

Great stuff!! I'm glad you posted pics of all the clad and trash, good to know you have lots of targets in between the good ones. 55 clad quarters is quite a haul in itself. You have some great parks to hunt that obviously have seen lots of traffic over the years. Congrats again .

You almost got yourself a trifecta of Barbers
    It's cool you got 3 generations of quarters too
    A SLQ witha date ?!! I hope I find one of those some day
    The Woolworth thing looks like a thin pocket knife. It kinda look like a steel pin going through it on one end.
    The ring is a sweet find too!! It looks like a V3 hallmark
    Truly inspiring
    Congrats

Veteran Member

What a slacker, only 8 silvers? Didn't you get 9 the other day? Congrats on 400 With more than half the year to go, is 800 in the cards?
    Oldest: 1755 Spanish silver; 1800 half dime | 1842 seated half | 1857 seated quarter | 516 silver coins in 2011!

I need some parks like that in Wisco! What an outstanding hunt with a lot of digs! Like usual, nice job!
    Minelab E-Trac

I'm starting to think there is a silver fairy going ahead of you planting old silver coins. Another outstanding hunt! Be careful you'll wear that E-Trac out.

Thanks everyone! thumbsup01

Quote Originally Posted by xzlr8n View Post
    Great stuff!! I'm glad you posted pics of all the clad and trash, good to know you have lots of targets in between the good ones. 55 clad quarters is quite a haul in itself. You have some great parks to hunt that obviously have seen lots of traffic over the years. Congrats again .
    Those areas around sports fields do get replenished with clad often, so they will always keep us detectorists busy. I just hate the zincolns though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ill Digger View Post
    You almost got yourself a trifecta of Barbers
    It's cool you got 3 generations of quarters too
    A SLQ witha date ?!! I hope I find one of those some day
    The Woolworth thing looks like a thin pocket knife. It kinda look like a steel pin going through it on one end.
    The ring is a sweet find too!! It looks like a V3 hallmark
    Truly inspiring
    Congrats
    I thought that too, but it's hard to tell. You may be right though. Hopefully once I do some light cleaning on it I will be able to confirm it.

Quote Originally Posted by randy View Post
    What a slacker, only 8 silvers? Didn't you get 9 the other day? Congrats on 400 With more than half the year to go, is 800 in the cards?
    Something like that.

Thanks, Randy!

Quote Originally Posted by Geodawn View Post
    I need some parks like that in Wisco! What an outstanding hunt with a lot of digs! Like usual, nice job!
    Thanks, George!

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    I'm starting to think there is a silver fairy going ahead of you planting old silver coins. Another outstanding hunt! Be careful you'll wear that E-Trac out.
    She has been good to me. I may need to get another E-Trac to have as a backup.

Wow!!!

Even your trash looks nice

I can't believe you found another half dollar You told me you would leave them in the ground from here on out.

I like the token, and the woolworth building pin (is it a pin?)

No more digging half dollars Angel. Leave some for the rest of us. Specifically, me.

Fantastic finds. Put your silver total in your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Epi-hunter View Post
    Wow!!!

Even your trash looks nice

I can't believe you found another half dollar You told me you would leave them in the ground from here on out.

I like the token, and the woolworth building pin (is it a pin?)

No more digging half dollars Angel. Leave some for the rest of us. Specifically, me.

Fantastic finds. Put your silver total in your signature.
    Someone told me to find one, so I did. I'll try not to find any more.

The Woolworth thingy looks more like a clip-type metal. I'll know for sure once I remove the rusted crud from it.

I will add the signature.

Sorry about the mess while attempting to edit the thread. I misunderstood. Embarrassing. At least you didn't kill me.

Amazing silver count

The train keeps going!!! Congrats on that mark Angel! Awesome Barber half!
    CTX 3030, Garrett Propointer
    2013 Silver count: 27
    2012 Silver count: 30
    2011 Silver count: 58
    2010 Silver count: 77

Veteran Member

cant imagine that much silver ,i counted my count for the last 4 years , its at 250, you are the king , great finds
    Minelab E-Track ,Minelab SE, with stock coil, 10/12 sef coil , sunray 8 inch coil

silver count: 2011, 117 silvers , 20 indian heads