Hey Diggers,

For the third year in a row, Tony Two-Cent and I have driven to Ohio to try to find the older coins that we just can't find here in Illinois. Each year we meet up with the other Tony (Bell-Two) and he graciously shows us around to a few spots. This year was no exception. Bell-Two took us to several parks that he has found good coins at. He also gave us a lead on a pre-Civil War park. This park has been heavily hunted but good coins can still be found there. Thank you SO MUCH Tony for your kindness and generosity! It is always such a pleasure to see you and Diane and look at your latest treasures.

The next day, Tony Two-Cent and I departed in the pouring rain for the old park. It was a dreary ride with rain and fog the whole way. Miraculously, it stopped raining just as we pulled up to the park! The sun came out and we hunted under ideal conditions. It took me an hour just to find my first old coin. It was a 1929 mercury dime that was hidden with some rusty nails.

My next find was the best find of my metal detecting career! I got a weak 12-40 at 10 inches deep. There was several nails giving off falsing all around the 12-40 signal but it was repeatable so I dug. After scooping out 9 inches of dirt and rusty nails, my probe still showed a 12-40 signal at the edge of the hole. Definitely a wheat penny I thought. My next scoop of dirt revealed a large silver disc. I immediately recognized the image! I started screaming for Tony to come over and see what was in the hole! I could hardly breathe & my heart was beating so fast.

Here is the pictures of my best find so far:

Name:  IMG_0370.jpg
Views: 373
Size:  67.3 KB

Name:  IMG_0371.jpg
Views: 346
Size:  71.1 KB

The rest of the week is pretty much a blur but we hunted so many old parks, schools, and even some door knocking. Tony is a great friend and detectorist and I very much enjoy his company and fellowship as we treasure hunt. Here are some of my other good finds. I don't even know how many wheat cents I found. I still need to do a lot of cleaning! Thanks for looking and HH, Dave.

Name:  IMG_0387.jpg
Views: 367
Size:  59.2 KB
Name:  IMG_0388.jpg
Views: 345
Size:  60.8 KB
Name:  IMG_0389.jpg
Views: 371
Size:  60.0 KB
Name:  IMG_0406.jpg
Views: 368
Size:  51.8 KB
Name:  IMG_0402.jpg
Views: 344
Size:  26.2 KB
Name:  IMG_0405.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  27.2 KB

Thanks again Tony Two-Cent and Tony Bell-Two for a very memorable week!