Thread: 2 times in the same week! Another SLQ!

2 times in the same week! Another SLQ!

Hey Diggers,

I traveled north again to a small town I found on Google maps. Next to the modern elementary school I could see the footprint of the old original school which is now ball fields. I got there bright eyed and bushy tailed and spent the first 2 hours finding nothing but modern coins. The place had obviously been detected quite a bit. I got a 12-44 at 8 inches and was very happy to pull a very old silver ring! Amazingly it is also an Edwardian style (ca. 1900-1915) like the one I got last week. I was really getting discouraged and decided I was going to leave and go door knocking.

As I was working my way back towards my truck I got a slamming 09-48 at 10 inches deep! I cut the plug but it felt like concrete only 3 inches deep. It was a buried gravel parking lot! OMG, it took me almost 10 minutes to dig through the rocks down to the dirt below. I scooped out a big handful of miniature boulders and saw the flash of a silver quarter in the pile! I picked it up and was gob smacked! ANOTHER SLQ! Are you kidding me? Five years without finding a single one and now I get 2 in the same week!

I spent the next 2 hours working the area of grass that covered the old parking lot. It was very hard digging but the silvers were just popping right and left at 8 to 10 inches deep. I ended up with 6 silvers and a buffalo nickel (1936 just like last week). It was a serious Deja vu hunt. Thanks for looking and Merry Christmas to all! Dave.

Nice group of silvers. Only found 2 wheat cents!
    Name:  IMG_0600.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  64.8 KB

My second SLQ this week!
    Name:  IMG_0601.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  83.7 KB
    Name:  IMG_0602.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  81.4 KB

I thought the 1936 Buffalo I found last week was the best looking one I had ever found but this one is even better. It rang up a perfect 12-13 at 5 inches deep.
    Name:  IMG_0603.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  58.8 KB

1905-S! I did not have this one in my collection.
    Name:  IMG_0605.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  60.2 KB
    Name:  IMG_0606.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  75.5 KB

Too bad the stone is missing but it has nice filigree work around the crown. It was a bit mangled but I straightened it out on my ring mandrel. It's a worthwhile investment if you find a lot of bent and squished rings.
    Name:  IMG_0607.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  41.5 KB
    Oldest Coin: 100-60 BC Gallic bronze coin (Sequani Tribe)
    Oldest Silver Coin: 1156 hammered Pfennig from (now) Bavaria
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1805 Draped Bust Large Cent
    Best Coins EVER: 1625 4 Sols from Kingdom of Chateau Renaud, France
    1662 15 Kreuzers, Leopold I, Austria
    Best Relics: Bronze Age Arrowheads & Spearhead, 2c Roman silver ring, complete medieval knight's spur (x6)
    YouTube Channel: Full Metal Digger

WOW, Great hunt Dave. 2 SLQ's in one week. Man. that's got to feel great.
    Looks like you found a very nice site there.

Congrats on all your finds.
    Oldest Coin: 1699 William III Halfpenny

Silver 5
    Indian 3, Buff 1, V Nik 1, Rosie 2, Barber Dime, SLQ 1, barber qtr 1,

YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoU...FVGumMQ/videos

Great finds! Nice SLQ, and other silvers. It seems that once you've found that elusive object, you just can't get enough of it. The Buffalo Nickel is amazing as well. I've never seen one in that good a shape. Nice haul!
    Oldest coin(s): 1600's Spanish copper maravedis Oldest American Coin: 1797 Large Cent. Oldest silver: 178? Spanish 1/2 Reale
    Best Relic(s): Pre Civil War US Revenue Service Button, GW Button, Best Find(s): 1790 King George III Gold Guinea/ "Long Live the King" Button

Congrats on another incredible hunt, Dave! Isn't it funny how it works? No SLQs for 5 years and then BAM! Two in a row! And the fact that both of yours have a legible date is icing on the cake!

Nice Barber Dime and old silver ring too!

Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Well... that escalated quickly! Keep it up!

You're on fire Dave!!!
    I <3 colonial relics!

Beautiful Shape on the SLQ!

WTG Dave! You're killing it!
    http://www.youtube.com/c/MrDigger

Minelab Equinox 800, SE Pro
    Oldest coin: 1693 W&M halfpenny
    Oldest silver: 1751 Ferdinand VI Pistareen1 Real
    Oldest US coin: 1787 Mass State Copper
    Oldest US silver: 1821 Capped Bust Dime
    Favorite Find: 1806 Carolus IIII 8 Reales

Quote Originally Posted by RIdirtdigger View Post
    Great finds! Nice SLQ, and other silvers. It seems that once you've found that elusive object, you just can't get enough of it. The Buffalo Nickel is amazing as well. I've never seen one in that good a shape. Nice haul!
    Thanks! It's true what you say. Seems like this happens to a lot of detectorists who have an elusive coin. I had a message from a guy who said he couldn't ever find a war nickel (for 2 years) and then found 5 in one week!

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Two-Cent View Post
    Congrats on another incredible hunt, Dave! Isn't it funny how it works? No SLQs for 5 years and then BAM! Two in a row! And the fact that both of yours have a legible date is icing on the cake!

Nice Barber Dime and old silver ring too!

Thanks Tony. Seems like some of your good luck (skill?) has finally rubbed off on me!

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
    Well... that escalated quickly! Keep it up!

You're on fire Dave!!!
    Thanks Isaac! BTW I like your YT channel! HH, Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsylvania Treasures View Post
    Beautiful Shape on the SLQ!
    Thanks PT, and congrats on that barber half!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Digger View Post
    WTG Dave! You're killing it!
    Thanks! This has definitely been my best year (in every category).
    Oldest Coin: 100-60 BC Gallic bronze coin (Sequani Tribe)
    Oldest Silver Coin: 1156 hammered Pfennig from (now) Bavaria
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1805 Draped Bust Large Cent
    Best Coins EVER: 1625 4 Sols from Kingdom of Chateau Renaud, France
    1662 15 Kreuzers, Leopold I, Austria
    Best Relics: Bronze Age Arrowheads & Spearhead, 2c Roman silver ring, complete medieval knight's spur (x6)
    YouTube Channel: Full Metal Digger