Thread: 1st full day with the X-5 coil

Threaded View

1st full day with the X-5 coil

My second time out with the X-5 coil for the E Trac. The first time out was at a house under construction and was not the environment I was earger to try this coil out in. It was a good hunt but a short one at that house. But today I had a good couple of hours to try the X-5 in the type of hunting I like and the reason I bought the coil....Cellar Holes Went to a site Del and I hit pretty good and has been good to us in return. This is where I found a bunch of Connecticut coppers and my Nova Constellatio. I was interested in seeing how many non ferrous targets we were mising due to too large a coil and the dreaded Masking effect. I was not dissapointed today. Aside from a lot of larger iron that was reading well, I found a large number of non ferrous objects that we should not have missed. Masking is definitely a problem needed to be dealt with. I did dig a nice full barn or large door hinge, and some larger Iron buckles. But the &quot buckles found in quantity was puzzling. How did we miss those? Directly inbetween the 2 sections of the cellar hole I found this George III copper and right in the barn lane, I found the 1888 Indian. Both areas we have hit hard and are full of iron readings. My machine was in constant null for most of the time. So far this coil has lived up to it's reputation as a great snipper coil. I ran Ferrous, 2 tones, with only 31-35 discriminated out, fast off, deep on, manual sensitivity at 28 with almost no chatter. I can't even do that with my pro coil! So far this coil is a success! thumbsup01
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold