Thread: History Channel: The Curse of Oak Island

History Channel: The Curse of Oak Island

Just found this series today. Anyone else been watching it? Cool history and some detecting too.
    Slow digging is better than no digging.
    Whites V3i, MXT, Garrett Pro Pointer, Sampson 31" T-handle shovel.
    AD members detected with: del, OxShoeDrew, RobW, Massdirtfisher, Mango Ave, Lee, chrisinct, aloldstuff, HEAVYMETALNUT, Thiltzy

Yeah I watched it last season too pretty cool I record it every week great show
    Oldest Coin - 1830 Large Cent
    Oldest Silver - 1898 Barber Dime

Garrett Ace 350, Garrett AT Pro Pointer

Been watching since the begining. It is fun to watch but can't figure out how they have so much money to dig and keep going. They say each show they have invested millions to date. WHat did they do for a living prior to get so much money??? Must be nice!

New show tonight!
    Detectors: Garrett ACE 350/XP Deus

I've been watching it also. And I thought I've invested alot of cash into my hobby.
    It makes for good TV
    Oldest Coin: 1699 William III Halfpenny

Silver 5
    Indian 3, Buff 1, V Nik 1, Rosie 2, Barber Dime, SLQ 1, barber qtr 1,

YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoU...FVGumMQ/videos

Yep, me too. Watched the entire season last year, and we've got the DVR set to record each new episode.
    I see they're using CTX 3030s and some kind of deep seeking detector. So far they've found 2 Spanish coins. Not quite the treasure trove they're hoping for quite yet. Well keep watching.
    Some days you get the corn, some days you get the cob
    ​Oldest coin: ​70 B.C. "Harlow Flyer" gold qtr. Stater
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1814 Capped Bust Dime

It's a great show. Without investing all that money I have found 2 Spanish coins...... I think last night they also got a couple KG's. I remember reading about Oak Island many years ago and I hope that they can discover the treasure.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

I've been watching it as well. I like it but the constant rehashing of previous episodes gets old.

As for where the funding comes from, the younger brother is a successful engineer in the "energy business". I'm thinking oil, since he knows how to drill. He is funding his older brothers dream of finding the secret of Oak Island.
    - Joe -
    Minelab Sovereign XS - Plugger CF shaft, XS2 meter (180) & S-12 coil | XS2-Pro w/Ron's 180 meter & 8" CoinSearch coil | E-TRAC
    MineLab Pro-Find 25 | RTG BeachMaster | RTG BB6tip Pro | Lesche 85E

I've heard of it but haven't watched it. The history channel is on the Ruko too. I have heard of it back when I posted about local treasure legends but I knew I wasn't anywhere close to Oak Island so it was just folklore to me. I did find a huge write-up about it. Strange they had so detailed information even back in the 1700s when excavation started. I do wonder if the original depression found was just from treasure being removed prior... I'll leave it at that.

mango , i find it hard to beleave they would dig down ninty feet to retrieve the treasure they buried there some years before and then take the time to put oak beams every 10 ft while filling the hole back in encase anyone fell down it , ahhhh pirates with hearts , bless em !!!!.
    seriously though , ive been obsessed with oak island for year and love the series .

Lee, Haha. I didn't wanna ruin anything. The possilibity of it all makes the show worth while. But, pirates were tricky and no one that was actually there to recount is alive today.

The whole thing is intriguing. I expect we'd have heard about it on the news if the they found anything amazing this summer. But I absolutely can't blame them for trying, I'd do the same thing!
    Land of Two Seasons - Snow and Fire Danger.

Idk for certain ska. Like the shipwreck off Carolina with it's gold wasn't in the news until about two years later. I think after all the red tape and royalties and what not taken care of. And If there was a chance I had 20 million in my back yard... I'd be digging.

Quote Originally Posted by Skamaniac View Post
    The whole thing is intriguing. I expect we'd have heard about it on the news if the they found anything amazing this summer. But I absolutely can't blame them for trying, I'd do the same thing!
    Me too if I had their money! Afterall, if it weren't for men new worlds would have never been discovered! We are dreamers for sure! I would love to see them find some treasure.......now as far as the Ark of the Covenant, I hardly don't believe in that theory. I think that it exist for sure but not anywhere neak OI for sure. I truly believe it is being protected by a secret society of some sort that is more tight lipped than the CIA and the NSA and British SS all rolled up in one!!!
    Detectors: Garrett ACE 350/XP Deus

Global Moderator Fire Fighter 43's Avatar
    I finished watching the last 3 episodes. It is an interesting show and story. The last one with Gary using the CTX 3030 and finding a couple of great finds was cool. I would love to spend a week detecting there.

Minelab Equinox 800, 15”Coiltek, 11” & 6”coils

XP Deus II , 11", 9” & 11x13 coils

Detectors since 1977: Simplex, DEUS, CTX 3030, F75 Ltd, Etrac, Excal II, V3i, DFX, GTI2000, Eagle II, 6000DI, 6DB, AlaskanTR4B, Beachcomber