I've dug a gold coin, a 1694 copper and more but still hadn't gotten a pre 1900 silver coin. That changed today. I decided to take a break from cellar hunting and headed to a park where I had found 6 silver coins this year. Very desolate, nobody around. I picked up a wheat penny and clad and then decided to go to a park down the street, where I had dug a 43 Washington during the summer but hadn't really hunted it at all. My first target was a wheat penny. I then got some clad and few more wheats and basically wandered the small park digging any good or semi-good signal. I am just getting ready to leave when I get an amazing 82-85 signal in the shadow of a big tree. I knew it was going to be silver. I dig an extra careful plug and stick my pinpointer into the hole. After pulling out some dirt, I see a silver rim in the hole about 4 inches down. I carefully pull it out and lightly wipe the dirt off. Its an 1899 Barber Dime! My first, pre 1900 silver and I beat it by one year! I am stoked and the dime is in pretty nice shape. I headed home a happy man! The wheat pennies were 1911, 1927, 1942, and 1950. Awesome day and awesome hunt! Name:  IMG_4174.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  47.8 KBName:  IMG_4176.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  47.0 KBName:  IMG_4179.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  41.2 KB