Thread: Double Hunt Sunday - Seated

Threaded View

Double Hunt Sunday - Seated

HUNT # 1

Had today off so after doing some minor chores around the house I scooted over to my nephews house that they had just bought(2 family). Small yard but I did recover 6 wheat's, earliest being 1940 and a 1950D rosie.

HUNT # 2

Last night I had gotten a text from Rob stating that his knee was to painful to go out detecting. So while I was at hunt #1 Rob calls me and states that he will be home shortly and lets go detecting(he had parenting duties). So Rob shows up at my house and we load his gear into the trunk and off to the field where I had gotten the CT copper. It doesn't take Rob long before he gets himself a couple of flat buttons, meanwhile I'm digging junk.
    Towards the end of the hunt I decide to take some swings up a pathway and I get a nice sounding jumping VDI at 1 1/2 inches. I drop to my knees and take the pinpointer out and its right there near the surface. While I'm doing this Rob is now standing over me so as I am pushing the dirt away with the PP Rob says there it is.....a nice 1883 seated dime. Was the last thing I was expecting at 1 1/2" and it is the first piece of silver that I have gotten out of that field. Gotta say it made my day.

Thanks for reading and HH
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album