Thread: need your help with a golden coin.

Blog Entries

need your help with a golden coin.

I need your help with a coin golden jfk.
    Cant find the coin and the value of it.

Have this in my collection.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Blog Entries
    Nobody?????

Quote Originally Posted by Willems View Post
    Nobody?????
    IDK... Didn't think I had anything to add. There are many different types of JFK/RFK commemorative coins. The only ones I found with the bust/faces in the same orientation as yours were 1000 Francs Guinea coins (spelled Guinee on the coin). It didn't have the eagle on the back like yours. The 1/2 gram 2014 JFK (only) was about $80. The .900 one with busts facing other direction had one listed ebay 600 and one 1600. And the busts facing eachother 800. I think you already know this much info

Willem, it's a very interesting coin. I assume it is in a 2x2 coin holder and therefore quite small. I could not find one like it anywhere on the Internet. I did notice something odd about it though compared to all the 100's that are out there. First, it says ROBERT then JOHN KENNEDY. Every other coin out there lists JOHN, then ROBERT. That is because JOHN was the President of the United States and ROBERT was the Attorney General (a lower post).

Also, every other coin out there shows JOHN'S face in the forefront with ROBERT behind. Your coin shows them opposite. The Reverse of the coin depicts the Presidential Seal which is confusing because once again ROBERT is listed and shown first on the obverse!

Is the coin actual gold or just gold colored? If it is actual gold it should be stamped somewhere with some sort of purity, i.e. .999 etc.

LATER: Willem, the picture is a little shiny but does the obverse say ROBERT e JOHN KENNEDY? If so, I'm thinking the coin is French made. An American made coin would say ROBERT AND JOHN or ROBERT & JOHN.
    Last edited by Full Metal Digger; 12-24-2014 at 01:16 PM.
    Oldest Coin: 100-60 BC Gallic bronze coin (Sequani Tribe)
    Oldest Silver Coin: 1156 hammered Pfennig from (now) Bavaria
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1805 Draped Bust Large Cent
    Best Coins EVER: 1625 4 Sols from Kingdom of Chateau Renaud, France
    1662 15 Kreuzers, Leopold I, Austria
    Best Relics: Bronze Age Arrowheads & Spearhead, 2c Roman silver ring, complete medieval knight's spur (x6)
    YouTube Channel: Full Metal Digger

Blog Entries
    Yes verry strange.
    Got this collection golden coins from my father.
    who is past away now.
    It's real gold look at the picture.

Blog Entries
    The front.
    You know who can help me then?

Thanks for your reactions.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DaddyDigger View Post
    Willem, it's a very interesting coin. I assume it is in a 2x2 coin holder and therefore quite small. I could not find one like it anywhere on the Internet. I did notice something odd about it though compared to all the 100's that are out there. First, it says ROBERT then JOHN KENNEDY. Every other coin out there lists JOHN, then ROBERT. That is because JOHN was the President of the United States and ROBERT was the Attorney General (a lower post).

Also, every other coin out there shows JOHN'S face in the forefront with ROBERT behind. Your coin shows them opposite. The Reverse of the coin depicts the Presidential Seal which is confusing because once again ROBERT is listed and shown first on the obverse!

Is the coin actual gold or just gold colored? If it is actual gold it should be stamped somewhere with some sort of purity, i.e. .999 etc.

LATER: Willem, the picture is a little shiny but does the obverse say ROBERT e JOHN KENNEDY? If so, I'm thinking the coin is French made. An American made coin would say ROBERT AND JOHN or ROBERT & JOHN.
    Thanks for the info.
    Look at the front. ...dont say=robert e john. Only robert -john.

Blog Entries
    Also have this in my collection.
    The other 2 i know what that is and its value.