Thread: Minelab xterra 705 vs AT Gold

Minelab xterra 705 vs AT Gold

He's guys just wanted your input on which detector is better...... I have the gold now and I enjoy it. I've found a ton with it, but I have a guy that's wanting to trade me an x terra 705 for it. I want a minelab but I really would prefer the safari. I know the detector that one will choose will only fit your style of hunting. I mostly go for old coins and relics. Anyway your thoughts and comments are appreciated. Thanks so much for your time!!!!

They are both great machines. I have a 705 and really enjoy it. I upgraded to a Etrac just for a bit more depth. If you are going for a Minelab, save up and get a Etrac. I bought mine used with extras for a great price. I would keep the gold as a backup for whatever you choose to get. GL & HH, Dan

Yeah I would love to get an ETRAC! Need to save a lot more! Not too many people letting go of those machines!

Keep an eye out on the forums. I got mine for $1100 with lesche, propointer, carry bag and covers with a year left on the warranty. Lot's of folks selling the Etrac's and going to CTX. I've seen Etrac's as low as $800. HH & GL, Dan