Even with my cheapie Bounty Hunter I can't walk 2 feet without getting a hit. As stated in an earlier thread, the home was built in 1873. I have a photograph of the house from that period and there wasn't much around it. Our garage is actually an extended carriage house, and sits 4' onto the neighbor's property.

The area I live used to be the bottom of Lake Erie back during prehistoric times. It takes about 2' of digging to get through the topsoil in my yard. I suspect at one time it was farmed, but the area around the house hasn't been messed with for some time.

Most of what I've found so far has been junk, and much of it newer. Aluminum scraps and pull tabs, etc. Some older stuff too. There's a good selection of nails by the other neighbor's garage.

I could only imagine that with a more sensitive detector I'd be getting 2 or 3 times as many hits. It might be so heavy that a more sensitive detector would go nuts. I think that I'm going to try and clear the yard as best I can with what I have, and then at some point buy, borrow, or rent a better unit to find what was missed.